LCHF Recipes?

Options
Hey everyone I am following the lchf woe! & I was wondering if anyone else is as well? We can share recipes because I def know that I need some! :)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.ruled.me/keto-recipes perhaps ? What type of recipe you after ?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I made a version of Cheesebuger pie the other day. Sooo yummy. Sooo filling. Sooo HF.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/7g/wegrf7deadf1.jpg
  • gainesma
    gainesma Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fat Coffee
    4oz strong coffee
    1 oz coconut oil
    1 tsp butter
    1 tsp coco powder
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    3 tbs heavy cream or half n half
    sweetner to your taste

Microwave coconut oil and butter, add coco, cinnamon and blend or whisk. Add coffee & cream blend or whisk or put all in a shaker bottle & shake. Add to your coffee cup & microwave again to re-warm to your desire.

An alternate is to add 1/2 or full avocado to the recipie. It makes a creamy chocolate drink and if you put in the fridge it's more like a thick pudding full of delicious flavors...

It's my go to if I'm feeling a binge.
  • Xo_Sunshine_oX
    Xo_Sunshine_oX Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am always searching/trying recipes. Keto Caveman has some good ones too.
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    coffee and chocolate sounds good, gainesma
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Chicken thighs (6-8) bones removed, skin left on (throw bones in freezer bag and use for stock later)
    1 stick butter, melted
    1 C grated Parmesan cheese
    1 tbsp parsley
    1tsp garlic powder
    1tsp pepper
    1 tsp paparika
    1/2 tsp poultry seasoning

Combine grated cheese with spices. Dip thighs in butter and coat with cheese mixture. Bake at 425 F for 30-40 min. Serve with salad or green veggie of your choice. Who needs breadcrumbs? Lol.

• meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge sweets person
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge sweets person

1/4 to 1/2 cup nuts with xyliotol sweetened chocolate chips (Krisda) and unsweetened shredded coconut. Yum.
  • runninit
    runninit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you google Maria Emmerich, she has a site with tons of recipes on it. Her fb page is called Keto Adapted.
  • amydianes
    amydianes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you know if any of her recipes are already in MFP?
  • fuzzydogpa
    fuzzydogpa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat keto as well. I experiment with food a lot. For me this is not a diet it is a lifestyle way for me to eat. Here and there I will have a cheat day and eat whatever I want and then I do an intense interval workout like insanity and I'm back on track. Because it's a lifestyle and not for the short term I like to take my favorite foods and recipes and keto adapt them. I made a yummy lasagna and instead of pasta noodles I made noodle layers by mixing together cream cheese, eggs, mozz cheese and parm cheese and spreading on parchment and baking until firm. Let it cool and then cut it in half and it makes two noodle layers. I found a sauce that has only 2 carbs per 1/2 cup. I bake it in a 9x11 pan and can get 6 really big pieces or 8 average pieces. I'd say they are less than 10 carbs a serving but I need to program the recipe into my diary database. I also recently made a chicken pot pie and plan to make a beef one and a shepherd's pie. I made the biscuit crust by mashing in a little butter with some almond flour and adding a tsp of sour cream and a tsp of baking powder and forming it into a dough that I put on top of the pot pie. It was delicious.
  • fuzzydogpa
    fuzzydogpa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    my low carb lasagna and my low carb pizza bagel bites. what I do with those is pour a tiny bit of egg white into muffin pan and mix a tsp of almond flour into each muffin cup into the egg white. I bake it about 5 minutes until set and then I can top them with anything that I want. I like to put cream cheese and sausage and sprinkle everything bagel seasoning and have them at breakfast. Less than one carb each. I imagine they could be made either sweet or savory. Easy peasy.
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any lchf vegan suggestions? I used to do keto but I eat vegan for personal reasons now, and I'd like to reduce my carb intake further again (I try to have under net 100g a day, preferably under 60g).
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge sweets person

Isn't LCHF supposed to reduce sugar cravings?