How Many Push-Ups Can You Do?

McKayMachina
McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
I just started doing push-ups this week. Started with one. Now at three with good form then a couple more with poor form after a short break.

My goal is >47 within the year (per US Air Force perfect score for women).

How about you?

:happy:

Replies

• JMuzzy
    JMuzzy Posts: 63
    this is horribly embarrassing but i can do one girly pushup and thats it.
    :blushing:

jennie
  • AbysmalFitness
    AbysmalFitness Posts: 32 Member
    timed or just to failure?

in 60secs i can do 58 push ups not sure how many till failure never tried
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    the last time I pushed to failure I did 80...and my arms were shaking by them.

Needless to say not only did I shock myself, but my trainer as well! We did the ♪♫♪ Happy Dance ♪♫♪ after that challenge!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    gahh! I HATE pushups! I can do 12, then my form breaks.

Theres a billion kinds to try if you look around, hits different muscle groups ;)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    this is horribly embarrassing but i can do one girly pushup and thats it.
    :blushing:

jennie

You have to start somewhere! You only get better by working on it ;)
    I used to be able to do only girl pushups too.
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    For the same military branch, and in my age group, I maxed out push-ups and sit-ups.
    Had a decent run time....

Now for that body fat measuresment..... I was off by 1/2 inch.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    I usually do 3 sets of 30-35 regular pushups on the days I work my chest. I had to work up to that. I've never tried to do them to failure though... I should challenge myself to that huh ;)
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Are you on facebook? There's a group of us on there that are doing the 'Hundred Pushups Challenge'. It's 3 times a week over 6 weeks. We only started yesterday (Monday), you're more than welcome to join us :flowerforyou:

Here is the website http://www.hundredpushups.com/

And here's the link to the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_224873117538676&ap=1

The more the merrier!!!

You're not alone - I can only manage 10 at the moment!! lol We're all in the same boat!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Are you on facebook? There's a group of us on there that are doing the 'Hundred Pushups Challenge'. It's 3 times a week over 6 weeks. We only started yesterday (Monday), you're more than welcome to join us :flowerforyou:

And here's the link to the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_224873117538676&ap=1

The more the merrier!!!

You're not alone - I can only manage 10 at the moment!! lol We're all in the same boat!

I just requested to join - My name is Jae :)
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    I do 4 sets of 25 each day to get in 100 each day. I could do more because my form isn't compromised at 25 but eventually I will just do 2 sets of 50.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I do desk pushups (push ups against the desk rather than on the floor) every day on my break at work. I do 25 in the morning and 25 in the afternoon each of front and reverse (with back to desk to work the triceps). I think I could probably do 50 if I really pushed it of the front type, but probably not the tricep pushup. On the floor, IDK, maybe 15 - 20??? But no way am I getting down on the nasty floor in my office. :noway:

But I'm not trying to break any pushup records, I just do it to define my arms and make sure that when I wave goodbye only my hand is waving.
  • When I first Started Power 90 I could barely do 1 Girly Pushup, now on my 6th week of P90X I can do about 25 Girly Ones. Still Cannot do a Full Military Push-up but am definitely working towards it. I cannot wait to see the day that I actually can complete a full military push-up!
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    I can do 50 on the wall...lol! 25 on my knees and have yet to even try on my toes.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member

The more the merrier!!!

I requested to join too, my name is Kristina
    I am trying to be able to do 48 pushups in 2 min
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    I can do about 7 or 8 girly pushups with decent form. Real push ups. Forget it. I'm working on it though. P90 FTW!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    I can do 10 regular.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    I'm doing the stronglifts workout and with the goal of increasing my overall strength so I can do more pushups as well. I can do about 34 before dieing. Would need to do 39 to join the national guard, thinking about it for August to pay off school debt.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    I can do about 20 girly ones, but I can only manage about 5 "proper" ones without collapsing face down in a heap. It's odd, I can lift heavy objects etc but find it very hard to do push ups.

I'm going to look up the 100 push-ups thing I think!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    Push ups was one of my main goals when I started getting fit...There is something horribly embarrassing to a man when he has to do knee pushups because he is so out of shape.

I made it my goal as part of losing weight that I would be able to do good pushups and enough to impress people when I had to do them.

Ive taken a bit of a break (stupid wrist strain). I was doing 75-80 every other night in sets of 4-5 45 sec to 1 min rests in between sets. I'm guessing right now I'm probably 10% down from that.
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    I only started 100 pushup challenge last week so I'll be putting in a request to join the group too, my name is Fatemah.
This discussion has been closed.