Weight loss plateau

Options
Hi, my name is Serena. I'm 19 years old. I started working out hard and taking my diet more seriously back in March, I have made some progress. My clothes definitely do fit better but my biggest downfall is late night snacking.. I usually get off work at 9:30 P.M and head straight to my kitchen. I really don't know how to stop this, my brain doesn't comprehend what I'm doing or I'd be able to tell myself to "stop" it's just a habit. How can I stop this?

Replies

• RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I find spreading my calories out during the day helps. I was a bad night time snacking but I find eating in a pyramid (big breakfast) then smaller meals every 3 hours until my last meal about 7pm helps a lot. If you still find late night snacking a big thing than just change what you are snacking. I have a Casein protein shake as a back up.
  • JustinNejbauer
    JustinNejbauer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Serena. I'm 19 years old. I started working out hard and taking my diet more seriously back in March, I have made some progress. My clothes definitely do fit better but my biggest downfall is late night snacking.. I usually get off work at 9:30 P.M and head straight to my kitchen. I really don't know how to stop this, my brain doesn't comprehend what I'm doing or I'd be able to tell myself to "stop" it's just a habit. How can I stop this?

Don't eat carbs at dinner other than those from vegetables. Carbs spike your insulin and when your insulin drops it causes your cravings to sky rocket. This is likely what you are experiencing. Following my protocol will allow your insulin levels to balance out before you get home late at night.
    For some people late night snacking is also based on psychological connections, say watching tv and snacking. If this might be the case for you, practice going home and going straight to bed.
  • beanserena16
    beanserena16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • beanserena16
    beanserena16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    RajwaJ I try the pyramid thing too, the only problem is I can't get myself to eat that bug in the morning. My biggest meal is lunch, second biggest is breakfast, and my smallest meal is dinner. I had dinner at 7 tonight and haven't snacked at all. Pure willpower.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options

Don't eat carbs at dinner other than those from vegetables. Carbs spike your insulin and when your insulin drops it causes your cravings to sky rocket. This is likely what you are experiencing. Following my protocol will allow your insulin levels to balance out before you get home late at night.
    For some people late night snacking is also based on psychological connections, say watching tv and snacking. If this might be the case for you, practice going home and going straight to bed.
    Why would this be any different than any other time of day when eating carbs? If one ate in calorie deficit, timing of carbs don't really matter much.
    I personally eat till 11:30pm each night (eating now). And there are carbs in them (ice cream). Done this for the last several years now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Working second shift in the past I understand the idea of late night snacking. If you know you are going to be hungry, than just save some calories for a late night snack. Keep healthy, low-calorie snacks available for those late nights that you know you're going to eat. It doesn't matter when you eat the calories, it's all about calories in verse calories out. I've often eat before bed, as I work third shift I usually eat when I get off work than go to sleep, and I am consistently losing 1-3 lbs per week. Save your calories and you can late night snack without feeling guilty.
  • postman19842012
    postman19842012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

• postman19842012
    postman19842012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    stop at subway on way home and get a veg 6inch sandwhich . one crub stomach . I did this after working out after work. rather then fix supper it worked
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me