I need a good fitness DVD series...

Options
I would really like to purchase a good fitness program (dvd set), but they are all pretty expensive- so I want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth! Any suggestions? I've herd wonderful things about P90x (although it seems a bit intense), Tracy Anderson, Jillian Micheals, Billy Blanks etc. etc. Help Please :happy:

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Depends on your needs. I'm doing Turbo Fire and love it. I also have P90X and can't wait to start it. (after I have lost 40 more pounds)
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    I like anything by Chalene Johnson. Very fun and motivating!
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    i like "The Firm" and Jillian michaels, many dvds, so you can switch it up.
    and my friends love P90X and Zumba :-)
  • MyJourney11
    MyJourney11 Posts: 97
    Options
    Turbo Fire!!!!! I love it. It gives you so much energy. I have to admit that 7 weeks in I started to get burned out but I took a while off and now I'm about to get back to it. I really miss it.
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just got the Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred (about 10$ at chapters) and did it once. I like it, and it kicked my *kitten*!! Starting it for the 30 days tonight or tomorrow (have an appointment which might go long tonight). I did get 3lb and 5 lb hand weights to use with it, for... i think 6$ or so for the 3's and 10$ for the 5's.

I also picked up the no more trouble zones and burn fat, boost metabolism, which were also about 10-11$ each, and will try those after the 30 day shred.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    TurboFire, hands down :)
  • amazingmae
    amazingmae Posts: 5
    Options
    My husband bought the P90X for him and his friends to do. I tried it but it is just too intense for me while I'm breastfeeding but I do like the yoga DVD from the P90X program so I do 30 minutes of that a day. Maybe once I've lost more weight I'll be able to do the rest of the program with him too. He loves the P90X himself. He can't pass the fitness test yet but he's just doing what he can and then stopping when he gets overly tired. He's still loosing lots of weight and I can already see an improvement in definition.
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    P90X is intense, but totally worth it. It's the first thing I recommend, but then I am biased. :) Most of the DVD programs you will find to be quite intense, depending upon your beginning fitness level. Stick with whatever you choose, you'll see results.
  • jenntinn715
    jenntinn715 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just got the whole Zumba Set of DVD's. I found them on ebay for 30 bucks. I also, wanted a good FUN workout series that didn't cost a fortune! I LOVE Zumba....It's so much fun and makes the time fly by!!
  • aarynisabee
    aarynisabee Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for all the great input!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I know there is a knock off P90X workout for around $20. here's a link for it:

https://www.asseenontv.com/supreme-90/detail.php?p=296779&v=fitness_exercise-dvd

Don't ask me how good it is as I don't know anyone that has used it.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Jillian Michaels fan, I started out with her 30 day shred, then moved on to banish fat boost metabolism, no more trouble zones, shred it with weights and 30 day slim down. I mix them all in now, but my favourite is still the shred. Its very motivational, broken down into quick (but not too easy) circuits and if you feel like an extra work out you just pick another level to do.