Nerd looking for friends

Options
2»

Replies

• kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    kaniob wrote: »
    Nerd here! LotR and other epic fantasy mostly, with some other stuff (D&D, Catan, Doctor Who, Joss Whedon anything...) Any of my fellow nerds can feel free to add me!

Now, the real question is, do you play MTG? That would be totally awesome!

Nope, not something I ever got into. In fact, I've never played a single game. :/
  • kaniob
    Options
    Nerd here! LotR and other epic fantasy mostly, with some other stuff (D&D, Catan, Doctor Who, Joss Whedon anything...) Any of my fellow nerds can feel free to add me!

Nope, not something I ever got into. In fact, I've never played a single game. :/
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Oooh. I spend almost all my free time on Steam or playing MTG.
    I also love the sciences. Specifically Chemistry and Microbiology (majoring in it.) :)
  • xsunshine02x
    xsunshine02x Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Whaaaaaaat? It's so addicting though
  • xsunshine02x
    Options
    Oooh. I spend almost all my free time on Steam or playing MTG.
    I also love the sciences. Specifically Chemistry and Microbiology (majoring in it.) :)

Awesome! I'm gonna go play for FNM tonight :) I play way to much magic. Lol

• kaniob
    Options

So I hear. I've had a few people offer to teach me, but there's never time or cards around. I hope to play when I get back to the US :)
  • lxsaps
    lxsaps Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Initially I needed to lose 36 lbs but iv gotten that number down to 25lbs. Im chipping away at it. Im a big Star-wars nerd too.
  • on_the_other_side
    on_the_other_side Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This might be the MFP group might be for you: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid
  • xsunshine02x
    Options

So I hear. I've had a few people offer to teach me, but there's never time or cards around. I hope to play when I get back to the US :)

Back to the US? Where are you right now?
  • xsunshine02x
    Options
    lxsaps wrote: »
    Initially I needed to lose 36 lbs but iv gotten that number down to 25lbs. Im chipping away at it. Im a big Star-wars nerd too.
    Good progress! Star Wars is awesome! I just hope Disney doesn't mess up episode 7....
  • xsunshine02x
    Options
    This might be the MFP group might be for you: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid

This is awesome :smiley: Thanks!!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    lxsaps wrote: »
    Good progress! Star Wars is awesome! I just hope Disney doesn't mess up episode 7....

Race to the bottom, it will be.

Lucas: "I was thinking of adding some new characters to help broaden the appeal. I want someone that the 3-7 year olds can identify with, building on the success of Jar Jar Binks with the 8-11 set. I also want to bring in the 65-80 year old women. People who didn't get into Star Wars on the first or second go-rounds. And we're going to fix that Boba Fett thing. His death deserved to be more than just a punchline." TRUTH

Disney Suit: "Yeah, that's cool and all, and imma let you finish, but we gotta have more MERCHANDI$ING, George. And we really need to line up the 'Official wretched hive of scum and villany' sponsor. Applebee's was all over that, but then Senor Frog's people heard about it and bid that up."
  • sameersheikh
    sameersheikh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got accepted to Berkeley on a scholarship and as a hobby I'm relearning math and listening to a 200+ episode podcast called ”The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps"
  • galabrielle98
    galabrielle98 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I heard Star Wars...... Math major at UML and honors Calculus. And did I mention Star Wars? :) Feel free to add me!