Yummy wrap ideas needed :)

Options
tiffany0127
tiffany0127 Posts: 378 Member
I just got some delicious 100 calorie wraps from Wal-Mart and was wondering what to fill them with!! Does anyone have any filling, yummy, and relatively low calorie favorite wrap ideas that they would like to share?

Thanks in advance!! :smile:

Replies

• Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I go with
    - one spreadable cheese triangle (smear a little on the end of the wrap to stop it unrolling and the rest inside)
    - one piece of ham
    - big handful of spinach or lettuce leaves

For hot, although I dont make these myself, I'd love to do grilled chicken chunks with avocado, or mixed with yoghurt and paprika
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to have light miracle whip, turkey, shredded lettuce, and kraft singles 2% cheese in a wrap!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I fry (in 1-cal spray) some red onion and peppers
    Spread a bit (15g-20g) homous on the wrap
    top with fried vegetables and a shredded slice of ham or something!
  • ray37
    ray37 Posts: 18
    Options
    Almost every day I have a 50 calorie la-tortilla factory wheat wrap with 1tbsp cream cheese or hummus (30 cal), 2 oz of low sodium turkey breast (60 cal), and 1/2 cup of romaine! Some spicy mustard is always a nice kick, too :) It's filled with protein, packed with fiber, and is super delicious! Enjoy :)
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    bump :)
  • Diem30
    Diem30 Posts: 92
    Options
    Low fat partly skimmed cheese and pickles lots of pickles
    they're only about 5 cal each on average and yummy and filling the only downside is the sodium
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread, because I have recently discovered the "kids size" flatouts and I'm so excited to find fun things to put in my 60 calorie wraps!
  • nadiambe13
    nadiambe13 Posts: 25
    Options
    Grilled veggies (tomatoes, asparagus, zucchini, peppers, onions, eggplant, etc) either hot or cold, with a bit of feta cheese sprinkled on top. YUMMMM!!!
  • Boxer_Chick
    Boxer_Chick Posts: 15
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly. My fav.
  • aljohnson2
    aljohnson2 Posts: 34
    Options
    My boyfriend is a vegetarian so when we get wraps we usually fill them with hummus, tomatos, lettuce, red onions, olives, and some kind of italian dressing. Yum!
  • smketchum
    smketchum Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like to make chicken caesar wraps and my family loves them! Too many calories for a snack, but not too many for a meal. I fill the wrap with grilled chicken strips (about 3 ounces), 1 tbl of Gardini's lowfat Caesar salad dressing, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, a tbl of parmesan cheese (shredded) and sometimes a couple of baked Tostidos for some crunch. They are delish!
  • foodsafetyguru
    foodsafetyguru Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Grilled verde Chicken, wild rice and a salad of parsley, tomato and cucumber...it's awesome!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    1 can of white albacore tuna (in water). Add 1 TBSP. of reduced fat mayonnaisse or miracle whip. Add chopped celery and chopped green onion (chopped dill pickles, sweet pickle relish, or even some fresh dill can be added too!). Mix all above together, season to taste with pepper (and maybe some celery seed if you desire). Fill wrap with tuna mix and a whole bunch of raw baby spinach. Delicious! =)
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    fresh spinach, a bit of light mayo, chicken strips and raisins or dried cranberries... delish!
  • jhackenmueller
    Options
    Is it a FlatOUt? I buy those and love love LOVE them. 9 grams of fiber too!
    go to the FlatOut website they have tons of recipes. My family loves the pizza one. You have your own mini pizza.
  • lisology
    lisology Posts: 6
    Options
    I love to make mine with chicken, tons of lettuce and some onions prepared in soy sauce :D
  • lisology
    lisology Posts: 6
    Options
    I love to make mine with chicken, tons of lettuce and some onions prepared in soy sauce :D
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Is it a FlatOUt? I buy those and love love LOVE them. 9 grams of fiber too!
    go to the FlatOut website they have tons of recipes. My family loves the pizza one. You have your own mini pizza.

Flatout light breads are probably my favorite flat bread/wraps! They are so yummy.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Not sure what wraps you have, but, the flat outs rock my little world. Yesrday I did half a chicken breast with low sodium turkey bacon, provolone, tomatoe, and avocado. The other day i had left over spaghetti sauce with ground turkey, threw that on one with some fresh mozarella and had a sorta pseudo meatball sandwhich. I also love to put a little EVOO on each side, some garlic, and throw them in the oven for about 5 minutes, then add pizza-type toppings and throw it back in for 5-7 more. It makes an incredibly good thin crust and I get my pizza fix - in a healthy manner!
  • Missashley9
    Missashley9 Posts: 29
    Options
    I have been doing 1 small Ole tortilla, 3 slices of 99% fat free oven roasted turkey deli slices, a 1/2 cup or so of baby spinach, 1 slice of part-skim mozzarella, & a tablespoon or so of honey mustard (not dressing, but actual HONEY mustard-- low cal, no fat.) It's pretty yummy and only about 220 cals & 5 grams of fat.