Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm back and looking for motivation! 50 to lose!!

Replies

• afrodizzia
    afrodizzia Posts: 56 Member
    Hi ladies, I'm currently trying to lose 50 and recently restarted. I've always tried to do this mostly solo but maybe I need accept that there's safety in numbers. Besides...everything's better with friends beside you. Hope its ok to join in and add y'all.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,974 Member
    I have 58 lbs to go. Never used MFP before, but going to give it a whirl.
  • GemeliaFP
    GemeliaFP Posts: 91 Member
    Feel free to add me :)
  • chantallynn85
    chantallynn85 Posts: 10 Member
    Hey I'm also trying to get back into the groove of things. Was very successful before but gained 40lbs when I stopped MFP. Looking for motivated friends! Feel free to add me :)
  • dewifit
    dewifit Posts: 5 Member
    I am right there help!?!?
  • livemydream67
    livemydream67 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm back too and need to lose 50 plus! Feel free to add me!
  • marbethr
    marbethr Posts: 1 Member
    I have been on and off MFP several times and have over 50 pounds to lose. My goal is 10 pounds at a time so it doesn't seem do daunting. We can do this!
  • mommyscandoit2
    mommyscandoit2 Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks hun! I hear ya on the 50. I'm 5'6" so I should probably weight less than 160 but I'd be happy at 160!!!

• mommyscandoit2
    I'm 5'6 as well said that I I wanted to get down to 165 I'm naturally a thick woman so I'll be quite comfortable at that size but need to lose a little more than 50 and we ALL can do it!! Let's help one another stay motivated!
  • heather0416
    heather0416 Posts: 118 Member
    I'm 5'6 as well said that I I wanted to get down to 165 I'm naturally a thick woman so I'll be quite comfortable at that size but need to lose a little more than 50 and we ALL can do it!! Let's help one another stay motivated!

I'm naturally thicker too! I actually like the way I look with some meat on my bones. 170 would be great...but I'd love the 160s too :smile:

It's nice to have so many others with the same goals. We can all keep each other on track!
  • mommyscandoit2
    Totally agree and I love some meat on the bones as well ;) lol we can do this!!
  • rdtalon
    rdtalon Posts: 42 Member
    Not sure if it'll help you, but I keep imagining my washboard abs I will some day have. Man I look good (even if its only in my head, lol). We can do this!
  • wisediva
    wisediva Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I'm new here. I've had this app for a long time, but I've never really used it. I would like to lose 40 lbs, but the charts say 55lbs (smile). I started preparing my food for the day including snacks to see if that will work, so far so good. I made my eating schedule for 9, 12, 3, 6 and 8pm. As I said, I need some motivation, so feel free to add me as a friend and I'll try to motivate you as well.
  • jkenglish61
    jkenglish61 Posts: 15 Member
    Hey, I'll be on your team. I would like to lose 50 more lbs. I've been working out and watching my food for about 2 1/2 months. Only lost 10 lbs. So i just joined a boxing training gym. I LOVE it. Approximately 500 kals in 30 min.
  • SnackySnackPants
    SnackySnackPants Posts: 35 Member
    wisediva wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new here. I've had this app for a long time, but I've never really used it. I would like to lose 40 lbs, but the charts say 55lbs (smile). I started preparing my food for the day including snacks to see if that will work, so far so good. I made my eating schedule for 9, 12, 3, 6 and 8pm. As I said, I need some motivation, so feel free to add me as a friend and I'll try to motivate you as well.

I'm doing something similar. Looking to lose 40lbs and trying to eat at 2-3 hour intervals so I don't end up feeling hungry and eat a ton when I do get my hands on some food. One day down, so far so good!
  • MIAx45
    MIAx45 Posts: 5 Member
    Good luck on your journey!
    Goal is to lose 68lbs
    Let's Rock
  • jancasey
    jancasey Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 76 and need to lose 60 lbs. too. I've been losing slowly (real slow) for 4 years but am more motivated lately. Hope support will keep on the right track. :)
  • HSam1121
    HSam1121 Posts: 16 Member
    Hello all! I have similar goals to most people I think, but I have closer to 80 lbs to go. I had success with this a few years ago, but I'm ready to make a big and permanent change. I've sent a few requests, but I would love some active and supportive friends, so anyone can feel free to add me! :)
  • HSam1121
    HSam1121 Posts: 16 Member
    RedGem13 wrote: »
    Hi ladies I also been off n on mfp but hoping to stick to it more now so I'm trying to find friends on here to keep me motivated ...... Trying to lose near 100 pounds :/

I'm in the same boat the whole way around! I think it seems less scary to when you have people to talk to that are going through the same thing. We got this!
  • weightlosssweetspot
    weightlosssweetspot Posts: 16 Member
    Me too! Just started back on MFP after not really using it for a while and it shows! Hoping with some steely determination I can fit back into some nice clothes that haven't seen the light of day for a bit. Fingers crossed!