Eating time

Options
what is your alls opinion about a time to stop eating during the day?!

Replies

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    That depends on the individual and his or her circumstances, in my opinion. Too many variables involved to make a one size fits all answer.

I usually don't have anything to eat after 6:00 - 6:30 pm.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some people get heartburn or have problems sleeping if they eat too late. If you're one of them, then you'll want to play around and see what's best for you personally. If you're not, then it doesn't matter how late you eat as long as you stay within your calorie and nutrition goals for the day.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I don't eat for several hours before I sleep. That's best for me. Doesn't mean it's best for you. You should do what you like! :)
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I'm not a follower of that theory.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    as long as you are at or under your calorie goal, you can eat at whatever time you like.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    as long as you are at or under your calorie goal, you can eat at whatever time you like.

Ditto
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Same here. My husband doesn't come home until after 7 or even later. We just finished dinner around 8:45. But we don't snack after dinner, either.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat a snack right before bed at 10 pm.
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Snacking after 10 pm caused bipolar disorder in laboratory hamsters. So watch it sister.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If I didn't eat within an hour or so before going to bed, I'd raid the fridge when I got up to pee, and not be able to remember enough to log it in the morning.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    What dianne . For straight weight loss it doesnt matter, but then for hunger reasons or things like sleep it can have an effect, so you just have to figure out what works for you.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    When I'm out of calories, I'm done. My nightly York Peppermint Patty Mini usually right before bed.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I've read that 8pm is a good time to not eat after, and my mom usually does that. But I find I can't sometimes! I generally have an after-dinner snack around 9. Probably not the best thing, but idk. The worst thing is laying in bed trying to sleep and rolling over and seeing 1am because I'm too hungry to fall asleep!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    kae612 wrote: »
    I've read that 8pm is a good time to not eat after, and my mom usually does that. But I find I can't sometimes! I generally have an after-dinner snack around 9. Probably not the best thing, but idk. The worst thing is laying in bed trying to sleep and rolling over and seeing 1am because I'm too hungry to fall asleep!

Good news! Unless you have GERD or some other condition, it doesn't matter what time you stop eating.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Before I go to sleep.
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Snacking after 10 pm caused bipolar disorder in laboratory hamsters. So watch it sister.

Whew, glad I'm not a lab hamster!
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Before I go to sleep.
    This.

9:11 PM here, and I'm finishing up some yogurt and protein powder and have some fruit bars with my name on them in the freezer.

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

Good news! Unless you have GERD or some other condition, it doesn't matter what time you stop eating.

That's good! And considering a I do have occasional insomnia, that makes eating later a good idea lol.
  • shay77223
    shay77223 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what time you stop, as long as you do. I personally like to snack while I watch tv, and if I can't sleep I'll eat until 2 am. I find it helps me a lot to give myself a curfew. Logging on mfp helps, once I "complete" my logging for the day I'm done, no more food till breakfast.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

This. Unless you have acid reflux like I do.