Eating time

Options
2»

Replies

• cwest565
    cwest565 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    They say there is no purpose to consume if you are not going to be using the energy, so I guess it does depend on your energy level/schedule
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    cwest565 wrote: »
    They say there is no purpose to consume if you are not going to be using the energy, so I guess it does depend on your energy level/schedule

You will use the energy. The human body does not operate on a midnight to midnight timeline.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

If you're eating at maintenance or deficit, you will use everything you take in, no matter what time you took it in. It only gets stored if you're in surplus, and wheather that's your goal or not, it still won't matter what time you eat.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have to say it has worked wonders for me. I used to eat mindlessly at night while watching tv. Once I started keeping track of what I was eating, I was floored to see how many calories I was consuming after dinner. I wasn't even hungry!

Then I gave myself a cut off time where I stopped eating. Eventually I was able to push the time back further and further. My body adjusted and it became a habit.

Now instead of watching tv and snacking, I go out for a brisk walk for an hour or more and do bodyweight exercises in the park or workout at home when the weather isn't cooperating.

Some people can have a little something small at night and be okay. I've learned I'm not one of those people. Once I start eating I want more.

What works for me is consuming all of my calories in a window (mostly in the afternoon - early evening), then I stop eating until the next day. I don't get hungry at night because I eat very well earlier in the day.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing your body continues to function, using energy, 24/7/365.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Timing is irrelevant. It still comes down to CICO.