5'2 108lb and wanting to be 102lb

Options
I am 5'2 and 108lb. However I was 102-104 at the beginning of the year (no idea what happened. My eating never changed). I have been exercising for these past 2 1/2 months, running every single morning plus some stomach and leg exercises. I'm up to running 3 miles now. Slow progress but better than I was. I'd like to get back down to 102, but after 2 1/2 months of attempted healthy eating and exercising nonstop, my weight hasn't budged. I'm particularly focused on my thighs and butt as that is apparently where I gain my weight. I would love to lower my body fat though also. I've never had a problem with gaining weight but for some reason even if I eat at a calorie deficit, I gain weight easily... I would love some advice on this and maybe a detailed workout regimen I could follow. Thank you :)

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You're already at a healthy BMI range... but I don't know your body fat percentage. If I were you, I wouldn't really bother with cutting any more weight.

Go for a recomp, or bulk imo.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Did you change clothes size or see clothing fitting different? Do you know of your measurements have changed? If so which ones and how much?
  • alliemarie642
    alliemarie642 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Clothes fit mostly the same. Nothing has really changed except that my stomach has lost it's toned look. I haven't seen any physical improvements in my exercising.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    what about your life will be improved when you lose these 6 pounds?
  • alliemarie642
    alliemarie642 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's a personal goal. I feel much better at around 104lb and it helps ny confidence. I'm not necessarily just wanting to lose weight. I just want to tone my body, hopefully without gaining any weight. I'd prefer to stay at my current weight or lose a couple pounds while focusing on toning up.
  • nataliewalters5851
    nataliewalters5851 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you want to 'tone up' you need to focus on resistance/weight training. Running will help you lose a little weight but your body shape and butt/things will remain the same shape. I'd focus on things like squats, walking lunges with dumbbells, planks, glute bridges, etc.