Foods that make you FULL

Options
HM2206
HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
I am looking for some new suggestions here in order to keep my deficit...

I like;
Eggs
Chicken (skinless, boneless breast)
Sweet potato
Lean pork
Onion
Smoked salmon
Broccoli

I add vegetables to every meal but it doesn't fill me up that much, the only real advantage is the nutrition. Same goes with almonds, which I keep available. I eat greek high-protein yogurt sometimes too. I eat a lot of salmon, but I get hungry again quite easily.

I only have about 12 lbs left until I'm at my absolute goal weight and don't want to lose more.

I work out quite a bit (Barry's Bootcamp) and am obviously starving when I get back. I feel as though the only days I'm at a deficit are the ones when I go hungry to bed...

I'm a carb junkie so I prefer to not to keep pasta or bread in the house. It's what I crave most and can't eat in moderation.

Any other suggestions? Should I try tofu?

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Beans, high in fiber and protein, fills you up.
  • morgiecook
    morgiecook Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It sounds silly but soup fills me up really well. (I know its mostly just broth but somehow it still does). Not sure if thats just me or not though.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Pizza with grilled chicken on it.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Add vegetables into your meals. Like finely chopped mushroom/lean ground beef burgers, spinach/turkey meatballs, zucchini/chicken nuggets, cauliflower cheese sauce. Look into volumetric cooking.
    q9i284mb3gw4.jpg
  • HM2206
    Options
    MB_Positif wrote: »
    Pizza with grilled chicken on it.

I wish. Even with a thin crust, a homemade pizza is way too high calorie.

I sometimes make a pizza out of just a tortilla with low fat cheese but it's still a treat. I'm better off just eating the chicken.
  • HM2206
    Options
    Add vegetables into your meals. Like finely chopped mushroom/lean ground beef burgers, spinach/turkey meatballs, zucchini/chicken nuggets, cauliflower cheese sauce.

I do use a lot of vegetables.

I used to make tacos / fajitas with a tortilla, minced meat, cheese and some vegetables.

Now I don't use a tortilla or chips at all - just a very small portion of minced meat, lots of onion, chili, corn, peppers, cabbage and peas. No carbs whatsover and 75% vegetables. It's low calorie and high protein. And I'm hungry again after an hour.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    For a snack, I can't beat apple slices with peanut butter. For me, apples are the most filling food, and peanut butter hits that happy fat/salt/sugar place as well.

I actually really enjoy tofu - I use it cubed up in salads in place of a meat protein. I think it just really depends on how you enjoy or don't enjoy the texture of it. You can marinate tofu and give it flavor so the texture is the thing. I also like that you don't have to cook it cuz I'm laaaaazy :)
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A whole pepperoni pan pizza usually does it for me.
  • StrengthIsBeautiful
    StrengthIsBeautiful Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I just added chia seeds to my diet, just a teaspoon in my morning yogurt every day. They make me feel so full that I have to remind myself to eat for the sake of nutrition. I've been eating them for about two weeks, so I may become adjusted.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Buy cole slaw mix. The shredded cabbage stuff. Throw that in a skillet and make fried cabbage

Add sesame oil and soy sauce with some toasted sesame seeds and it is a great veggie base for stir fry

Put a good bit of black pepper and gravy masted added to sliced sirloin and it goes western flavored

I like easy stuff to throw together for myself

Your imagination is the only thing holding you back!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Edamame
    Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars
    Meat

Almost anything with a good amount of fiber in it keeps me full for a while.
  • Fitfreshfablife
    Fitfreshfablife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I second the chia seeds. They're amazing. I add as well 1 tsp to my smoothie and I'm full all morning. Some stay away because of the carb content but don't be fooled...90% of those carbs are fiber...which we all need with a low carb diet. And they contain protein. It's a superfood :)
  • Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Porridge/oats/Ready Brek
  • angel_minor18
    angel_minor18 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Definitely beans...you can eat them so many different ways and after eating a cup you feel very, very full.
  • HM2206
    Options
    I just added chia seeds to my diet, just a teaspoon in my morning yogurt every day. They make me feel so full that I have to remind myself to eat for the sake of nutrition. I've been eating them for about two weeks, so I may become adjusted.

Thanks, I will do this. I have chia seeds but I am not too fond of them plain. I'll try to make the pudding.
  • maayan98
    maayan98 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    For a snack, I can't beat apple slices with peanut butter. For me, apples are the most filling food, and peanut butter hits that happy fat/salt/sugar place as well
    Love that idea. Gonna try it now.
    What works for me is soup as a meal or starter. It's very filling and never boring as there is a huge variety for every pallet.

• ms_true
    ms_true Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not sure looking at your list but it may be your meals are unsatisfying because they are lacking in flavour. There's a reason why body builders eat a lot of plain chicken, once you kick it up with flavour you can't eat nearly so much. Try tomato based curry sauce etc. I find spinach oddly filling and will often serve supper on a bed of spinach.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No single food makes you full and satisfied. Variety is key. As ms_true says, taste is important, richness and diversity in taste and colors reflects nutrient content. (That's why we are attracted by fancy wrappings and sweets. Man-made foods look and taste even more tempting than natural foods.) Good nutrition is what makes us full and energized. (It took me a long time to understand this.) Eat something from EVERY FOOD GROUP every day. Eat different things for every meal. Eat different things from day to day. Have fat, protein (preferably a naturally fatty protein source), and a vegetable for ever meal. Add whatever you like (within your calorie allowance). Do not cut out anything unless you have true medical reasons for doing so.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Steak and baked potato.
  • tiffanycompton33
    tiffanycompton33 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Tofu brats (made by Tofurkey) really fill me up. I also like white bean chicken chili for a low carb high satiety meal.