Ketogenic diet - who else?

Options
2»

Replies

• ragnarockette
    ragnarockette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Keto! I've been doing it on and off for a year, even though I'm quite near my goal weight. I find the food so much more delicious and filling than other "diets." I also sleep better, have clearer skin (I swear my wrinkles even diminish), and have more stable energy throughout the day. It can be a bit harder to push through my workouts, but not so bad I feel the need to eat carbs.

Try Keto. It's glorious!
  • JennifersKeeney
    JennifersKeeney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started keto and I like it so far!
  • JennifersKeeney
    JennifersKeeney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a friend doing keto. Although he's eating probably 90% of his fat from saturated fat. Not sure how healthy that is, but I think it's a little overboard.... He does the bullet proof coffee thing every single morning, but uses 2 full stick of butter instead of a tablespoon. I almost puked for him when he was guzzling it down.

2 sticks of butter by itself!? Eek!! I use a lot of coconut oil. The medium chain fatty acids break down easier and the health benefits are much higher in coconut oil than butter IMO

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I have a friend doing keto. Although he's eating probably 90% of his fat from saturated fat. Not sure how healthy that is, but I think it's a little overboard.... He does the bullet proof coffee thing every single morning, but uses 2 full stick of butter instead of a tablespoon. I almost puked for him when he was guzzling it down.

2 sticks of butter by itself!? Eek!! I use a lot of coconut oil. The medium chain fatty acids break down easier and the health benefits are much higher in coconut oil than butter IMO

Yup. He's crazy.

Perhaps saturated fats in the diet aren't linked to cholesterol like we once thought, but that doesn't mean there are other adverse health affects that haven't been studied with that much saturated fat consumption. I personally don't think it smart to eat that much saturated fat every day, not would I want to.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    gainesma wrote: »
    Neither ketogenic eating or fasting is harmful to our bodies. Science has clinically proven this repeatedly.

The longest fast was 383 days and the patient lost 276 lbs and only got healthier each day he did not consume food. 5 years later he's still 190 lbs.

Dietary Fats and proteins are 100 % essential to life. Dietary carbohydrates are 0% essential. That's right you can live a perfectly healthy l kj iife if you don't eat a single carbohydrate. The 383 day clinical fast clearly proved this to be factual. The only thing he ate was his own body fat... Honestly tons of studies out here today including p eer reviewed gov. Studies showing high fat diets are not bad for our health and very beneficial for diabetics.

Lots of lectures on YouTube by medical doctors from excellent universities all over the world.

SWEDEN HAS OFFICIALLY ADOPTED KETOGENIC DIETS AS THEIR GOLD STANDARD...

This is not exactly true. The way you worded it sounds like you mean all dietary fats and proteins are essential. In reality there are a certain amount of essential amino acids and fatty acids, the rest are not essential, and some are harmful, trans fats for example.
  • arb037
    arb037 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Big keto fan, but also a refeed every 6 weeks is huge! It recharges the metabolism especially when eating at a deficit. Boosts leptin ( which plummets with prolonged deficits), T3, insulin.
    A 12 hour refeed of 10-12g per lbm in carbs, eat at maintenance calories or slightly above and watch your metabolism go thru the roof just like starting over.
  • SeattleBeagleFan
    SeattleBeagleFan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on the 30/10 Weight Loss for Life program, which is 10% carbs, or 30g. Very low. After the first week, I've been seeing about 2 pounds loss per week. I've been on one month, and have about 45 pounds to go.