How do I look?

Options
karenkasbi
karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
I lost a bunch of weight, did a lot of training and currently doing a body building program but today I took this pic and I don't like the way I look at all! I'm 115 pounds at 5'5" and my body fat percentage is 20% but in this picture my legs look too thick! I freaked out a little. Do you think I should lose more weight? what the hell is this!?

4irul7bvzaoy.jpg

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    It's probably because those are short-shorts, and your thighs are right about to connect to your butt. That's about it. Your thighs aren't fat, they are doing what thighs do... Touchin' your butt.
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You are suffering from body dysmorphia.
  • christinak74
    christinak74 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! We are our own worst critic. :) Great job on your weight loss!
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    is that also you in the framed picture on the right?
  • karenkasbi
    Options
    Lol. It's just that in my head I looked so much more skinnier and this kind of burst my bubble.
  • rustythecat1201
    rustythecat1201 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think you look absolutely fine o:) honest I gotta give u a round of applause cuz you look stunning
  • bazylka23
    bazylka23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You look wooow :smile:
  • pf1975_NW
    pf1975_NW Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Well done!
  • JenLakersFan
    JenLakersFan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It's the cut of the shorts on the side that are making your thighs look "bigger" at the top. You're fine! They do not look thick at all.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I second the body dysmorphia suggestion. You look healthy and fit.
  • karenkasbi
    Options
    9hg0e62gjkkc.jpg

Jennifer aniston is 117 pounds and her legs look so much skinner than mine, we're the same height. Maybe it's the cellphone camera?
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Her shorts are also a tad lower on her body. Don't compare yourself to celebs, trust me. It's not a healthy route to go in terms of viewing yourself.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    She's wearing different shorts. It's the cut of your shorts and how you're standing. Really, you're legs look great. Don't judge your body by one frame of a picture.
  • Greenkat57
    Greenkat57 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great shapely legs! Don't be so critical of yourself! Shapely over sticks anyday!
  • eric2light
    eric2light Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I think you look HOT! I would not change your weight to look better. You can't look better. You look wonderful. Focus on something else, like running a good 10k or taking up a sport you love. There are lots of great things you can do for your body. Becoming more of a "jock" and knowing your "personal best" for a bike race or something... trying to improve that makes way more sense to me than focusing on weight when you already look so great.

Tone can be sexy. Perhaps you would enjoy seeing more tone? (Not that you seem to need any from this photo...)

What do you think of that suggestion, @karenkasbi?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    karenkasbi wrote: »
    9hg0e62gjkkc.jpg

Jennifer aniston is 117 pounds and her legs look so much skinner than mine, we're the same height. Maybe it's the cellphone camera?

I don't think they look way skinnier than yours at all. Like others have said, it is the cut of the shorts and how you are standing. And don't compare yourself to others, even at the same height.
  • Cass2025
    Cass2025 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look great!! You are a woman you are going to have curves dont be so hard on yourself :)!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Greenkat57 wrote: »
    Great shapely legs! Don't be so critical of yourself! Shapely over sticks anyday!

Yes, don't be so critical of yourself, but how bout not being critical of others either. Tearing others down is not necessary. Not cool.
  • JSE81
    JSE81 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You look hot. Dont sweat it.