How do I look?

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I think you should speak with a mental health professional about your body dysmorphia. It isn't healthy.
  • Ozzzzzzzzzz
    Ozzzzzzzzzz Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Except for your fly being open. :o
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You are the same age as my son, so I can say that I think you look adorable. That may not be what you want to hear so I will add-

Jennifer A. has one leg crossing in front of the other as she walks. You see the exaggerated version on the runway models. Red carpet poses with one foot in front of the other and a slight lean add to the illusion of a thinner silhouette. She is upright, you are leaning. She is being photographed directly, while your photographer is slightly higher than you.

Also, her shorts are cut immediately below the widest part of her thigh, while yours go up a little higher. She shorts add to the illusion, yours do not.

Don't let the pictures fool you. You have nice, lean legs. Show them off.
  • Sweetgirl10
    Sweetgirl10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey. Can I call you that, because I'm probably old enough to be your mom....Your legs are shapely, fit and sexy. JA's legs look like what they are - 40 yr old legs, that lose some of their curves. Look, she already has that saggy knee thing going on! Trust me! Your legs will also get thinner by the time you are older. And you will WISH you had the figure you have now (and have worked hard to get). Please please please, appreciate and enjoy yourself for all the beauty you posses, both inside and out. Everyone here is trying to lose weight and OF COURSE we are all very focused on how that looks on us - it's motivating. But you (A) look great but (B) more importantly, are healthy and strong, and have so much to be proud of in what you have done for your body.

I'm now 53 (wah! you'll see! it happens to the best of us!). I used to feel my legs were a little 'thick' as well and spent a lot of my teens and 20s hiding them and wearing jeans on sweltering hot days. OMG. I'd kill to have those legs (which served me well, too, without all the injuries and so on I've had to deal with later on). I look back at photos and go "damn I was HOT" why did I not think so, then? Our self esteem is soooo vulnerable. Be confident in yourself. You're a wonderful creation.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Shush! You look great!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Horrorfox wrote: »
    You are suffering from body dysmorphia.
    Just because a lady doesn't like how she looks in a picture, that doesn't mean she has body dysmorphia.

You know nothing about the lady outside of one post, and you have diagnosed her. I have seen you throw that medical term around a lot of here. Comments like yours can do some real damage to some people who read these forums.

Unless you are a licensed trained clinical psychologist who has spent time with the OP in a professional setting, you have no business making such a declarative statement.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Do not lose any more weight. If you lose more, then you will be underweight or pretty close to it.

If you don't like the way that you look, it may just be a matter of perception, as some other people have said.

You may want to try toning up possibly, that might help you, but losing more weight won't do anything for you.
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Also walking legs (one in front the other) is an age-old modelling trick to get leaner looking legs and thighs because the leg in front is extended and is covering half of the leg in behind. Although this is a "candid" paparazzi shot of JA, she still knows what she's doing to make herself look good on film. If you were in the same position you might look more similar. As it stands (aha leg pun), you look great, and shouldn't worry about losing more weight. Continue to train and tone but don't think about losing weight, think about gaining muscle and losing BF%, there are a lot more important things about you than just how your skinny your legs look.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    larali1980 wrote: »
    I second the body dysmorphia suggestion. You look healthy and fit.
    You should reconsider the suggestion. You may mean well, but making a medical and mental diagnosis about a person so absent-mindly and unprofessionally is not a wise thing to do, in my opinion.

Would you want someone doing that to you?

There are thousands upon thousands of people reading these forums every day. And who knows how some will receive what they read. Be careful of your words, especially when talking about such a serious subject.
  • carriecarrot
    carriecarrot Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look skinny to me. Aninston looks different from you, sure, but I think it's because she's tan. Pale skin makes a person look softer and is associated with being indoors. =/ But that's just an illusion.
  • HeatherCrazyCat
    HeatherCrazyCat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Your legs look fine! I'd kill to have legs like yours!
    Also, you are at the low end of your BMI, so losing more weight wouldn't be advisable. Embrace the person that you have become, and enjoy your new figure :)
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Oh, honey. Can I call you that, because I'm probably old enough to be your mom....Your legs are shapely, fit and sexy. JA's legs look like what they are - 40 yr old legs, that lose some of their curves. Look, she already has that saggy knee thing going on! Trust me! Your legs will also get thinner by the time you are older. And you will WISH you had the figure you have now (and have worked hard to get). Please please please, appreciate and enjoy yourself for all the beauty you posses, both inside and out. Everyone here is trying to lose weight and OF COURSE we are all very focused on how that looks on us - it's motivating. But you (A) look great but (B) more importantly, are healthy and strong, and have so much to be proud of in what you have done for your body.

I'm now 53 (wah! you'll see! it happens to the best of us!). I used to feel my legs were a little 'thick' as well and spent a lot of my teens and 20s hiding them and wearing jeans on sweltering hot days. OMG. I'd kill to have those legs (which served me well, too, without all the injuries and so on I've had to deal with later on). I look back at photos and go "damn I was HOT" why did I not think so, then? Our self esteem is soooo vulnerable. Be confident in yourself. You're a wonderful creation.

That!

• karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    thanks so much everyone, especially @Sweetgirl10 and @ohgeeque for your kind words and everyone else for the suggestions. I'm still training, I work out everyday and I even go for walks, I even cook everyday. It's just that maybe I'm a little brainwashed by these pics of models and celebrities on instagram. I thought I looked so different. I had a different picture in my head and I haven't been photographed in a long time. I was shocked. Maybe this is just the way my body is. I have a long way to go with my training.
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You should seek professional help for self esteem and body image issues.
  • rdouma73
    rdouma73 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! :)
  • eatmorepaleo2
    eatmorepaleo2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What!!!??? You look perfect!! I would love to weigh 115 and be 5'5. I'm 136 and 5'4, but I'm working on it. Don't compare yourself to Jennifer Aniston. Every one in the world would feel like an ugly duckling next to her!! Just be you, and keep doing what your doing....its working!!
  • SJanesWeightLoss
    SJanesWeightLoss Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I wish I looked like you. Holy smokes. You look fine, really :)
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • HeatherCrazyCat
    HeatherCrazyCat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @karenkasbi : I think that, once you lose weight, it can take a long time for your brain to catch up with your new self. I have read that it can take up to a year to adjust!
    Speaking from my personal experience, I'm part-way through my weight loss journey (21 lbs down) and keep forgetting I've dropped a dress size - I keep looking at clothes that are far too big for me when shopping!
    I think you look lovely and healthy, and I hope that you are feeling darned well proud of what you have achieved :)
    Give it time, and I am sure that your mind will see your new self in its full light.
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @BasicGreatGuy What a fantastic name for a white knight. Don't quote me next time, thanks.