Coffee

Options
catt952
catt952 Posts: 190 Member
Does anyone here drink coffee everyday? If so, what kind and how many calories? Mine is about 50 calories. It's just an instant robert harris french coffee, some milk and a teaspoon of sugar.

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Folgers custom roast with 2 pumps sugar free syrup and 2 pods creamer... 23 cals a cup
  • IronBatMaiden
    IronBatMaiden Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Nope. I quit drinking coffee 9 months ago. However, I do have Pero, a coffee alternative, which is only 5 calories a serving, but 80 in total when I put creamer with it.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Starbucks House Blend freshly ground and set to brew automatically and be ready when I wake up. CoffeeMate and Splenda.
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Seattle's Best #5 with 1 tbsp powdered creamer. 30 calories.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I drink a Salvadorean instant coffee in a big mug that's about 1.5 cups, with 3 tsp of powdered coffeemate creamer and 3 tsp of sugar. 80 calories. :drinker:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every day. The coffee itself has maybe 5 calories, it's what you put in it that really adds up. I usually do soy milk or protein shake, but am trying coconut/almond milk this week (with a bit of protein powder).
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    At least one glass of cold brew, black, every day. Less than 5 cal. Sometimes I add 2 T. half&half for 40 cal.
  • MsJoisey
    MsJoisey Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 cups a day, with stevia and half and half, 50 calories per cup. Some days I get a skinny latte from Starbucks, tall is 102 calories.
  • thegreatmd
    thegreatmd Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Coffee is a non-negotiable. I do use sugar-but I've replaced the sugar spoon with a teaspoon so I know exactly how much I'm putting in. As far as milk/creamer, I do my best to use as little as possible and estimate it at about 1/4c- which I'm sure it's not, but is rather over estimate than under.
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    4-12 cups on the daily, all kinds (have peanut butter and chocolate at the momenta) and it is about 1 or 2 calories a cup.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    medium roast with 2 packets of Sweet & Low, a tablespoon of skim milk, and a tablespoon of white chocolate mocha creamer
  • catt952
    Options
    labohn91 wrote: »
    4-12 cups on the daily, all kinds (have peanut butter and chocolate at the momenta) and it is about 1 or 2 calories a cup.
    what!! what brand do you use? recipe?

• fnira
    fnira Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Trader Joes Ethiopian coffee. I used to drink it with sugar and cream but tried it without and since never add either to my morning cup :)
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    donut house coffee, 4 teaspoons sugar, liquid creamer ( currently white chocolate raspberry flavor). DAILY! ;) 132 calories and totally worth it cause it's warm and makes me happy
  • x_blackrainbow
    x_blackrainbow Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Right now I have these Dunkin' Donuts flavors: coconut, cinnamon coffee roll, and chocolate glazed donut. In the past I've used vanilla protein powder as creamer, but I usually don't add anything now. I love coffee. :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I start the day with an 800+ calorie cup of Folgers Instant heavy on coconut oil and heavy whipping cream. Often eat eggs and bacon at the Huddle House late afternoon and have 4-5 cups house blend with 15-20 oz of half and half total. Dad would say I liked a little coffee in my milk. :) Personally I think coffee helps with weight loss in my case maybe because the caffeine. It is about the only thing I eat/drink that gives me a kick.
  • helenrosec1
    helenrosec1 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I drink Kenco instant coffee, usually 2 cups a day, black no sugar, no calories.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    San Francisco Blend K-Cups from Costco, always black.
  • catt952
    Options
    I start the day with an 800+ calorie cup of Folgers Instant heavy on coconut oil and heavy whipping cream. Often eat eggs and bacon at the Huddle House late afternoon and have 4-5 cups house blend with 15-20 oz of half and half total. Dad would say I liked a little coffee in my milk. :) Personally I think coffee helps with weight loss in my case maybe because the caffeine. It is about the only thing I eat/drink that gives me a kick.

how do you even get 800 calories into a cup!
  • HM2206
    HM2206 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I drink one big cup every morning. It's freeze dried instant with skimmed milk. About 35 cals.

I see no reason to skip that on a diet. I absolutely need it, and the calories are so few. Plus I find that it stalls hunger a bit.