14 pounds down in 2 weeks!

Options
I'd went to the Dr about 5 weeks ago, my cycles were all messed up (5 months without). I'd gained about 15 pounds over about a years time and the dr said I really needed to try and loose weight. 3 weeks ago I got up with a friend and started talking about loosing some (she's lost 97 pounds).. And two weeks ago I started my journey, starting out I am only calorie counting. I haven't even started the work outs yet but I'm already down by 14 pounds.. I've had some people say that they are noticing it, but I have noticed that my back is getting flatter. I have more definition between my butt and love handles and I the pooches where my bra goes around are smaller too.
:-)

I'm looking forward to keeping up with this

Replies

• run_momma_run
    run_momma_run Posts: 319
    Options
    Great job! You're off and running!! :smile:
  • ScratchMj
    ScratchMj Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am pretty much starting the same thing right now. I got in a relationship and got to comfortable and well I ended up being really unhappy. Now I am newly single and that drove me to get back to my old self. I have been eating really healthy for the past week and just started weighing myself. No work outs yet for me as I work 13 hours a day lol. I am super excited to keep this going.

Good luck and it looks like you need to set a new goal! :P
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That's a great start!! Good luck!!
  • 4KMORALES
    4KMORALES Posts: 2
    Options
    Can you give some info on how you lost so much so quickly without excercise. How many calories are you eating in a day and are you doing %'s on protein, carbs, ect Please and thank you
  • OttawaJeannie
    OttawaJeannie Posts: 206
    Options
    That's awesome Maria. Keep it up. Don't become discouraged when you start to see smaller losses, every little bit gets you closer to your ultimate goal :)
  • debsedo
    debsedo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done, thats an amazing result - keep it up:smile:
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Just so you're not surprised, it WILL NOT continue at this same rate. You're body will start to adapt to the new reality, and then you'll have to change something else (add exercise???). If it does continue for more than the next 2 weeks, please go back to your Dr. and get a little more guidance. You can do as much damage as good by losing weight too quickly. Again, Great job so far and I look forward to more posts about your continued and sustainable losses...:)
  • bunnyb11
    bunnyb11 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!! Keep you head up and keep pushing foward toward your ultimate goal of getting fit and healthy.

The Best of luck to you on your journey!!!!!!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Your doctor will be so impressed! Keep it up :)
  • kikiallain
    kikiallain Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Look at that.. already 1lb off your first goal and not even close to your next apt! Great job
  • shelleyisworking2befit
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!

I started almost a month ago and I've only lost 1 pound so far. Of course, I've lost several pounds and then they found me again!! I'm not as good at that hide and seek game as I was when I was younger! :) I have several reason for doing this but one of the biggest is because I had quit smoking and my body has experienced so many changes. Most of the changes are nice like being able to smell and the taste of food is so much stronger now but I'm struggeling with being hungry all of the time. So, this has been a good way to effortlessly track my calories! However, I know that I need more motivation so I've started reading the blogs to check and see how others are doing. Perhaps that will encourage me to look forward to a day that I can post a message about reaching my goal weight!! Best wishes!!:flowerforyou:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Can you give some info on how you lost so much so quickly without excercise. How many calories are you eating in a day and are you doing %'s on protein, carbs, ect Please and thank you

First off, congrats to the OP! Great job. I agree with others, this is amazing but just be ready for your loss to slow as your success builds.

Reason why I quoted this- the OP's ticker suggests a goal of losing over 100 pounds. When people have a lot to lose little changes can make a BIG difference. They should be applauded for their effort, but it is one of those individual differences and just like with the TV commercials *Results not typical.

It is most healthy to lose weight slowly at about 2lbs or less per week, especially if you are already somewhat close to a healthy weight.
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    I realize that I'm only losing this fast because I have so much to loose.. I have started eating more veggies, watching portions and eating more whole grains. I haven't started exercise yet but I am supposed to start running/walking with my friend Today. My calorie allowance is high (1,916) but I ate way more than that before I started counting. Normally I'd eat like 2 packs of ramen noodles with sour cream for lunch (900 calories!).

I'm 18 so I am taking the bull by the horns while it can still be caught.

I know that I'll have to move my calories down at some point and incorporate more intense exercise as time goes on.
  • misslee1959
    Options
    great work and how are you doing this-I need to know!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you are doing awesome! For sure!

I just get nervous when I see people shooting for multiple lbs a week goals.

You are setting an excellent example of behavior- awesome changes and attitude and I think you are doing great things. Judging by this post you are going to continue to kick booty and take names. you are making healthy choices with the goal of being healthy and that is the perfect way to approach this.
    Only reason I posted is I just don't want someone who is here to lose 5 lbs think they should be able to do it in 7 days.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    From OP and update it sounds like you are on the right track. Starting off slow by first just adjusting your calorie intake. Its amazing how calorie counting can really add up in a days time. As others stated as your body gets used to this new calorie intake you may hit a plataeu, but don't get discouraged. Change things up and add a little more exercise to your routine. Park farther from the grocery and little things like that add up too!! :) Congrats on your success, keep up the great work!
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!