Italian-Style Quesadilla - Basil Pesto, Mozzarella, Salami

Options
purpleposies
purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
I've read a lot about using tortilla's to make little pizzas to cut back on carbs and calories and whatnot. I decided to twist it up a little bit. Here's what I came up with:

Italian-Style Quesadilla - Basil Pesto, Mozzarella, Salami

1 WW Tortilla (45g)
Basil Pesto Sauce (19g, ~1 T)
Part-Skim Shredded Mozzerella (29g, ~1/4 c)
Hard Salami (10g, ~1 slice)

Baked for about 5 minutes at 375 open-faced (til it was melted and bubbly and yummy-looking). Then I pulled it out and folded it over, and stuck it back in to let the tortilla toast a little more - about another 5 minutes or so. Pulled it out and let it sit for about another 5 minutes. It was really good - and my 5 year-old loved it, too!

~ 350 calories for the whole quesadilla

You could dip them in sauce if you wanted, or something. Or switch things up and make your own style! :smile:

Replies

• hagitroimi
    hagitroimi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    The fiber one tortillas are 80 calories each, and ole wellness are 90. Not sure if that helps a little!
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The fiber one tortillas are 80 calories each, and ole wellness are 90. Not sure if that helps a little!

Thank you for telling me! That's 40-50 cals less than the whole wheat ones I have. :smile:
  • Mish1225
    Mish1225 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That sounds like such a good meal. I will definitely try it. Thanks
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

Thank you for telling me! That's 40-50 cals less than the whole wheat ones I have. :smile:

You're welcome - oh and la tortilla factory light are also 90 calories. All of them have 8-9g of fiber each too! :)
  • Jom24
    Jom24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have low cal in UK but still about 110 cals grrr