How to boost your metabolism?

Options
Any suggestions? I think that may be my issue...and the fact that I'm addicted to the Frozen Strawberry Lemonades from McDonald's LOL :laugh: Thx in advance!

Replies

• ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Eat a small meal every 2-3 hours! And no mcdonalds!
  • heathermomofthree
    heathermomofthree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Look on hungry girl she had a substitute that you could make yourself and cheaper to.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Getting serious about strength training did it for me.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Weight training (strength training) is a good way to boost metabolism since more muscle burns more calories to maintain.
    Also, I checked the McDonalds nutrition and the strawberry lemonade isn't on there – probably because it's a seasonal item – but I read an article last month on the worst summer fast foods and the McD straw/lemonade was on the list! Waaaaaay too many calories! heathermomofth . . . is right, you gotta find a substitute.
    Good luck getting back on track this week!
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with underactive thyroid 20 years ago. In all that time, the only thing I found that boosts metabolism is moving as much as possible. Not just exercize, but staying active throughout the day. Eating several small meals helps to. If you really think it is a metabolism issue, you should check with your doctor. Underactive thyroid has significant health consequences if not treated properly. It is common in women after menapause, but much less common in younger people. I was an exception, so it is always important to get checked
  • heididormanen
    Options
    Ask your doctor.. I went to a nurtritionist a few weeks ago who did metablic testing on me.. we were able to see how many calories I burn while at rest.. it was really cool but also ban news for me.. as all along I just assumed I had a slow metabolism as I have such a hard time losing weight.. well that isnt it.. in fact my metabilism is pretty fast.. :cry:
  • MsTamzyK
    MsTamzyK Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks all!!!
  • MsTamzyK
    Options
    Look on hungry girl she had a substitute that you could make yourself and cheaper to.

thx!
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Considering I can not eat fruit without gaining weight unless I hit p90x pretty hard.... I would say your McDs drink is your culprit. Try weaning yourself off of it and see what happens.
  • Twilightmom06
    Twilightmom06 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this as well. I work two jobs and ironically my part-time job/second job is at McDonald's. I try to do Zumba twice a week if I can. I still find myself very tired.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Eat breakfast
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    Crystal light with frozen strawberries and ice in the blender!!!!!!!!
  • sfmathews
    sfmathews Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    From the HG site: Each 16-oz. cup has 270 calories and a whopping 67 grams of sugar! Um, NO lemonade is worth almost 300 calories.

Here's the HG swap:
    Freckled Lemonade
    PER SERVING (entire drink): 27 calories, 0g fat, 60mg sodium, 4.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, <0.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 0*

Ingredients:
    1 cup diet lemon-lime soda (like Sprite Zero), chilled
    Half a 2-serving packet (about 1/2 tsp.) sugar-free lemonade powdered drink mix (like the kind by Crystal Light or True Lemon)
    1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
    4 frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed
    2/3 cup crushed ice or 3 to 5 ice cubes

Directions:
    Pour soda into a blender and add 1/3 cup cold water. Add drink mix and sweetener. Blend briefly, until drink mix and sweetener have just dissolved.

Add strawberries and ice, and blend at high speed until smooth. Pour into a glass and sip away!

MAKES 1 SERVING
  • MsTamzyK
    Options
    Crystal light with frozen strawberries and ice in the blender!!!!!!!!

I'll let you know how it turned out - thx!
  • MsTamzyK
    Options
    From the HG site: Each 16-oz. cup has 270 calories and a whopping 67 grams of sugar! Um, NO lemonade is worth almost 300 calories.

Here's the HG swap:
    Freckled Lemonade
    PER SERVING (entire drink): 27 calories, 0g fat, 60mg sodium, 4.5g carbs, 1g fiber, 2g sugars, <0.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 0*

Ingredients:
    1 cup diet lemon-lime soda (like Sprite Zero), chilled
    Half a 2-serving packet (about 1/2 tsp.) sugar-free lemonade powdered drink mix (like the kind by Crystal Light or True Lemon)
    1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
    4 frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed
    2/3 cup crushed ice or 3 to 5 ice cubes

Directions:
    Pour soda into a blender and add 1/3 cup cold water. Add drink mix and sweetener. Blend briefly, until drink mix and sweetener have just dissolved.

Add strawberries and ice, and blend at high speed until smooth. Pour into a glass and sip away!

MAKES 1 SERVING

thx lady!!!!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Eat Breakfast everyday
    Eat every 2-3 hrs
    Work out, muscle burns fat
    Try to get 8 hrs of sleep
    Take a Multi-Vitamin daily

My husband brought me one of those lemonades and I knew it was just loaded with sugar. And when I took a sip that was all I could taste and I didn't finish it.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Strength training to retain muscle mass, and eating healthy foods often.
  • SCrawley100
    SCrawley100 Posts: 11
    Options
    I found out from a friend today that on a recent Dr. Oz show that Magnesium helps with one's metabolism. How true this is I don't know. Maybe it's worth trying. Feel free to add me.