You know what impresses me so much about MFP?

Options
The dversity of the food data base, and how all encompassing it is.

Even when I'm away, and stop into what I think is a small, obscure bakery or little cafe for lunch, I will give it a try and key in the restaurant and the dish, and most of the time... It is there! The exact meal and restaurant I am dining at!

This has helped me so much be accurate with what I'm eati.

Bravo!

Now, if only that could be applied to the exercise data base (Hello.....? Zumba??)

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! There have been so many times when I've been pleasantly surprised to find what I'm looking for. I'm still careful and check when it was entered in the database and check the nutrition values. Most of the time, if it was entered recently, it's accurate.
  • amyc6
    amyc6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this website!! I've only been on here for about a week and I am so happy with it!! You want the Zumba on the exercise list AND I WANT The 30 Day Shred, lol!
  • CapnWain
    CapnWain Posts: 10
    Options
    Yea, the database is great. Even if I can't find exactly what I'm looking for, I can compare similar items and learn from the nutrional info listed for those.

I hope to start adding items in "my foods". Things that we prepare at home or like to eat out at non-chain restaurants.
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I travel with my husband who is a trucker, and so far I have not found any of the resturants listed, or find any of there nutrition sheets. "The iron skillet" "petros" of course the fast food ones are listed. Hmmm
  • kaypee65
    kaypee65 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The extensive database is why I defected from my first love, Lose It! to MFP. And of course MFP has an android app too!

I utterly love MFP and am grateful to the programmers and community that make it such a great program to help me be successful.
  • biznurse
    biznurse Posts: 81
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY!!!! I can see the developer being offered a ZILLION DOLLARS to sell it!!! This is without a doubt the best site ever..... Linda/RN
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    *snap - I thought you were going to say me!!:sad:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I agree it is a great site. I use my HRM for all my exercise the site for me give me too many burn calories so I enter my own way better to be accurate we all burn calories different depending on our weight I can lose the same amount of calories walking on the treadmill for 60 minutes as my sister-in-law when she runs 7 miles on the beach shes way fitter and burns less calories
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options

Now, if only that could be applied to the exercise data base (Hello.....? Zumba??)

You can enter an exercise yourself under "Cardio". Enter in "Zumba" and then scroll down and it will say something like "didn't find what you need". Click on that and you can add whatever you want. Either use a HRM to calculate calories burned or find online the average burned in Zumba for an hour. I think it is between 700 and 800 calories an hour. Once you enter it in one time it will be there in the future for you to use.
  • EmmaLogan87
    Options
    I agree, its always surprising when you're sure something wont be in the database, makes it a lot easier when out and about too