8lbs in 3 days?

Options
The math doesn't work. I just got back from my 3-day camping trip. Even though I didn't log it, I didn't do anything in extremes and used common nutritional sense... Didn't eat like a pig, careful with poritions, really watched the sodium. Got pretty good "exercise", stayed well hydrated... and I gained 8 (eight) pounds. Let's see... 3500 calories = 1 lb of fat (so it's said)... hmmmm...so 3500x8=28,000 calories. That means I would have had to have eaten over 9,333 calories daily to gain 8 lbs in 3 days. At least in theory. There's no way. I would have been soooo sick. I mean, can anyone eat like that and LIVE?! Disgusting. Either way, it's pretty discouraging. Ideas?

p.s. no, TOM was not involved. No medical issues that would cause me to retain any kind of excessive fluid (i.e. congestive heart failure/kidney issues). I'm healthy.... just fat :cry:

Replies

• Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    water weight?
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    Chin up! Even if you think you stayed hydrated, you probably didn't. Drink a LOT of water and it should start to come off.
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Options
    Awww.don't cry.. It happens to me all the time! every Monday i weigh 4-6 pounds more than friday..But by Tuesday or Wednesday i am back down..I am not sure why it happens maybe change of routine. were you at a higher altitude? Maybe your body held on to all of your liquids..weigh yourself on Thursday you will probably be back down..and besides go by the way your clothes fit..Not the scale..:smooched: ..feel better soon..oh and FYI 1 gallon of water weighs 8 pounds...
  • ten_bsb
    ten_bsb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a few days to see if things level out. That seems pretty drastic for a loss or gain. Sometimes I see a couple of pounds fluctuation from day-to-day, but usually see a leveling off after a few days. :flowerforyou:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    If you watched your sodium intake then its just a temp water weight gain... I highly doubt you ate those 28,000 calories in 3 days.
  • snowsflake
    snowsflake Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That happens to me - I think I've lost or done well and then I see a gain on the scale. What I ususally do is drink a bunch of water when I get back and eat fruit - like pineapple, watermelon, etc. to help flush out excess water. Even if I don't think that I'm retaining water I usually am. About 2-3 days later, or sometimes even the next day, the scale has gone down. Once I was up 10 pounds and then lost all of it in 2 days...our bodies can react so weird to things sometimes.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I hate to be crude, but I'll be the one to say it.

When I camp, I don't like to poop. I get all messed up in my schedule and the toliets are gross and I just don't go like I do at home. So between that and water I can gain quite a bit for no good reason. What ever your personal gain is about, it will even back out, like you said you didn't eat 28,000 calories. Just give it time.
  • spr_chkn
    spr_chkn Posts: 48
    Options
    I hate to be crude, but I'll be the one to say it.

When I camp, I don't like to poop. I get all messed up in my schedule and the toliets are gross and I just don't go like I do at home. So between that and water I can gain quite a bit for no good reason. What ever your personal gain is about, it will even back out, like you said you didn't eat 28,000 calories. Just give it time.

LOL.. how funny! I guess maybe I'm full of it, huh? I needed to laugh today. Thank you :laugh: