EGGS

Options
2»

Replies

• Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    as a side note, if you are eating eggs just for the sake of protein, maybe switch it up with some shrimp or tuna, just so you don't get tired of them? If it's because you love the taste of eggs than meh keep doing you.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    They keep going back and forth on eggs.

I'd worry more about what you aren't eating while you're eating all those eggs. Like, "Are they preventing you from getting other things you need? Are there things you should be eating that get skipped because eggs have taken their place?" A healthy diet is a balanced diet, where you get all those important vitamins and minerals from different sources.

Food for thought, not a lecture. :)
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    uta8e80bukb7.jpg
    i758u73xrq4z.jpg
    I'm so excited, these were not the responses I was expecting
  • freak4iron
    Options
    Josalinn wrote: »
    as a side note, if you are eating eggs just for the sake of protein, maybe switch it up with some shrimp or tuna, just so you don't get tired of them? If it's because you love the taste of eggs than meh keep doing you.

I still eat plenty of other kinds of protein so no worries there. Freezers stocked with venison, beef, rabbit, and fish :smiley:
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My doctor that gave me my food plan recommended I eat 2 eggs every morning. He does and has for years. I can't do it everyday day, but I do "most" mornings. And sometimes if I'm lazy, I will have them again for supper. Granted I do low carb, but my cholesterol, LDL, HDL and triglyderides are optimal. They weren't before I started this 2 years ago, that's for sure. Losing weight helped, but the plethora of eggs hasn't hurt either. So I say, go for it. And the fact that they're versatile helps tremendously.
  • Dominicj569
    Dominicj569 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5-10 a day sounds like a lot.
    I dont believe there are any health risks, but, I have chickens, and I frequently get bored of eggs
  • umayster
    umayster Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I eat almost 2 dozen a week. They are a great combination of nutrients. You may want to buy some of the free range or omega 3 type as the nutritional profile is even better.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I have eaten about 780 eggs this year and my cholesterol is smack bang on perfect (has improved).
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I eat about a dozen a week. My family loves eggs. Hardboiled eggs are a perfect protein snack for me to eat before bed to keep my blood sugar stable.

I won't exceed 3 eggs a day but that is just for personal reasons and has nothing to do with cholesterol.
  • paleocleaneater
    paleocleaneater Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I go through about 2 dozen every 7-10 days. I really eat alot of hard boiled eggs though.
  • freak4iron
    Options
    5-10 a day sounds like a lot.
    I dont believe there are any health risks, but, I have chickens, and I frequently get bored of eggs

I never get bored of them but I only eat about 3 cooked eggs a day the rest I blend in with my protein shakes. It's a super easy way to add calories and protein and creamy texture to shakes.
  • sevenofnine01
    sevenofnine01 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh man, we eat a buttload of eggs too, I buy at least 3-18 egg cartons a week.

I feel better eating my 3 eggs omelettes in the morning than I ever did eating toast. Going to let my body be my guide on this one and say eggs are all good. :-)
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 2 eggs/day; my husband usually eats 3/day. Cholesterol is perfect. Low bad/high good for both of us. You're definitely eating more than us; but if you're numbers are good, go for it.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of eggs. My blood work is perfect per my doctor. ;)
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4nymcc3ry1qb0q9io1_500.gif