How do I get more protein in my diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I've always struggled with getting a lot of protein in my diet, so recently I've started drinking protein shakes. I am completely in love with them now for a few reasons:
    • they're wonderful to drink when you're eating a small meal, because they help fill you up
    • since I've been getting more protein in my diet, my appetite is definitely under more control than it was before
    • much to my complete and utter amazement, they taste good! So far I've tried chocolate flavored powder (Muscle Milk brand) and cookies and creme flavored powder (Gold Standard brand). They're both really good in water, and the chocolate powder tastes GREAT in coffee. It's like a drinking a mocha, but instead of all that sugar you're getting a nice amount of protein in its place.

Personally, having a shake or two each day is better to me than trying to pack in more protein sources. I get some protein from meat, but overall I don't eat tons of meat, nor am I a big fan of things such as eggs, beans, or greek yogurt. I'll eat some here and there, but I get sick of them real fast. I like having the option to stop trying to shove meat in my face when I'm sick of it and have a shake instead.
  • SharonBrobst
    SharonBrobst Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    RodaRose wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I was just coming to ask this same question. My current goal is 133g of protein and I am always below it and was wondering if I am missing something. I eat meat, eggs, fish, greek yogurt etc...but still struggle to eat enough. I am on a low carb/sugar diet (health reasons) so perhaps I just need to eat more meat and less fruit and veggies. But I love them!! ;-)

Anyway this has been very informative. I guess I didn't realize Greek yogurt was so high in protein! I can eat it more often!

You do not need that much protein.

That's the part I find most difficult, working out how much protein I actually need.

Ask three people and 4 websites and get 11 answers

Exactly....
  • Rep4Him
    Rep4Him Posts: 50 Member
    Options
  • katybeals2015
    katybeals2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Quest bars!!! They're delicious, under 200 calories, and all have at least 20g protein!