109.8 lb goal!

Options
donnaelizabethh
donnaelizabethh Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is Donna! I am 22 years old and 309.8 lbs. I am mom to a 2 year old little girl and working to live a healthy life for both her and myself. I am also having my wedding sometime in summer of 2016 and am motivated to achieve my goal weight before then. I have been working out for 3-4 months and have been working to make healthier choices. I have lost 18 lbs but have been on a stall for the last month or so. I workout 2 to 3 times a week as time permits (full time work 8am to 5pm and my fiance works over night)., usually a full hour of cardio and some light weight lifting/sqwats type workout. I have not counted calories successful in the past and thought that my new phone could help me get on track. I've been obese for as long as I remember and I don't want my daugter ro learn from my bad habbits! AND I want tk be healthy!

Replies

• brittanyarkward
    brittanyarkward Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have around 100 lbs to lose and have a 2 year old little boy. Feel free to add me!
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I suggest only aiming to lose 1 pound, every week because that's whats most sustainable or a maximum of 2 pounds, every week; otherwise you won't be consuming enough & then are most likely to binge because of being so hungry, which will counteract any progress. Also it's necessary to allow your skin, time to shrink as well or you'll have a lot of excess skin, that might require surgery; to reduce.

For instance I have 54.4 Pounds to lose & I estimate, that if I lose a minimum of 1 pound every week; it'll take me until 08/09/16, to reach my goal of 104.4 Pounds.
  • ThunderRoad2
    ThunderRoad2 Posts: 6 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I suggest only aiming to lose 1 pound, every week because that's whats most sustainable or a maximum of 2 pound

At 300lbs, the 1 - 2lb goal can be a little light.

I prefer suggesting up to 1% of body weight a week. You reassess every so often.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I suggest only aiming to lose 1 pound, every week because that's whats most sustainable or a maximum of 2 pound

At 300lbs, the 1 - 2lb goal can be a little light.

I prefer suggesting up to 1% of body weight a week. You reassess every so often.

I'd agree if skin shrunk at the same rate, that it takes to reduce fat unless she already plans to have surgery for that but yeah losing 1% of body weight a week, is realistic.
  • Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    If you are 300+ like me and lose your weight, the skin doesn't shrink. Nor will losing weight slowly prevent excess skin. Unfortunately both are myths. I know a lot of people having to deal with the problem. It's just a bad side effect of being overweight.