Lost 42.4 lbs in 11 weeks

Options
Steamy001
Steamy001 Posts: 10 Member
Just hit my first weight loss goal, I have lost 43.3 lbs in 11 weeks, now setting myself 1/2 stone (7 lbs) new target to lose, I figure smaller targets from here on in to aim at.

b6anshtgfcio.png

Also took my blood pressure this morning was 134/80 55 pulse, so seeing real improvement in my high blood pressure.

Walking in the woods which has a lot of hills 7 days a week, taking up golf, average steps 25k a day, I keep moving until I have burnt 5000 calories, I have not eaten more than 2000 cals in any day but aim at 1500 or less, I park the car as far away from shops when going out. If I go to the fridge before I open the door I walk across the field opposite my house and back about 1200 steps, this gives me time to think do I really want that snack, if I decide yes then at least I have offset some of the calories, I never use the loo downstairs any more, all silly things but they work for me. I now look for excuses to move.

I don't eat takeaway curry's or drink that much larger and wine any more, I do have a glass of red wine most days if / when I have burnt 5000 calories, I am now aware of what calories I eat, but still eat everything I like. I made my mind up that I wanted to be able to eat and drink what I liked in the future without gaining weight, the only way to do it is move & move again and again, I still have a long way to go, at least 2 more stone before I am not overweight.

If you doubt your ability to lose weight, I never moved off the sofa, ate and drank way too much, bought a fitbit surge and started moving the rest is history, my wife and kids all now have fitbits and are all seeing significant losses, these watches and groups should be funded by the NHS given the success.

Get moving and lose the fat.

Thankyou FitBit & MyFitnessPal

Replies

• vadimknobel
    vadimknobel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    good job mate!
  • arose928
    arose928 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, I like the inspiration..You are right in every way.
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your approach about moving so much that you have more eating possibilities!
    May I ask how many hours in average you are walking a day to get to your 5000 cal goal?
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent lad! You've done amazingly well :-)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Good start, though a bit fast.
    And you must be really tall if 245 lb is a healthy goal weight!

BMI-Chart-eng.png
  • megwa2001
    megwa2001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good start , amazing progress
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »

BMI-Chart-eng.png
    Seems he started at 290ish so the weight obviously comes off faster initially- and 245 was his first goal, as he stated a couple times, not ultimate lol

Congrats, Steamy!
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Wow! I also love the diet hacks you shared. Thank you and keep sharing with us! Show some pics sometime too. That really helps motivate!
  • Steamy001
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »

BMI-Chart-eng.png

I am 6'3" tall, I asked my doctor if I was loosing too fast and he laughed at me, he was really pleased with my progress and encouraged me to keep going until I hit a healthy BMI. Loosing weight will sort my high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

245-lbs is just a target on the way to my real goal, 195-lbs is what I want to achieve and then maintain.

Three times a week I play golf which is 6 miles each time over a 4 hour period, and then every day I walk in very tough steep terrain for 3 hours at least, then later in the evening we do another walk which is about an hour but our pace is at 16 miles per hour and walk as far a we can and then back. Our walking is more about the pace and the intensity, I could do 40k step a day easily but what is the point, our floors per day are usually above 150.

Another trick I do to add steps (movement) if I am watching television and think I will make a coffee, I walk to kitchen and put the kettle on, I then walk back to the living room and back again and again while the kettle boils.

I also drink minimum 3 litres of water per day, so I am properly hydrated, the down side is I need to pee very often, the upside is I use the loo upstairs and get another floor in.
  • Steamy001
    Options
    Before taken in mid May 2015 at 294-lbs
    u0e1u43eqr55.jpg

Current picture at 247.8-lbs taken this morning on our walk
    3gqs793aoml7.jpg

Lost 5.1-lbs this week.
    cxwg3xkzd3dr.png

• Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great job!:)
  • LULU4178
    LULU4178 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Your smile says it all! Keep up the exercise : )
  • Steamy001
    Options
    Another activity I do is cutting my lawns, I cut the grass long so I am forced to cut it twice a week, its amazing how far you walk pushing the lawnmower, I don't engage the drive on it so I really have to work harder pushing it.

plxqoxzwx7jq.jpg
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You've done great, keep it up!!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You have made a lot of progress. Way to step forward and take back control of your life.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    WOW! You have done very well. The progress pic is pretty amazing. So much change already. Oh, I have to add that I'm jealous of your lawns/home. I absolutely love that rock style on the buildings. We don't have that here. Post more pics! lol
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    wow- excellent work my friend- keep it up!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! You look like you lost 100 pounds. Congrats!
  • LaLa_Ventura
    LaLa_Ventura Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! Keep going!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!