August Challenge: 20,000 Steps a day

Options
BasicGreatGuy
BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
If you are interested in challenging yourself, as well as challenging and encouraging others to work towards the goal of 20,000 steps a day, this thread is for you.

The challenge will run the entire month of August. If there is interest, we can continue on to September or even raise the stakes to 30,000 steps. :smiley:

Whether you are wanting to lose some weight or get fit, this challenge is for you. Even if you still have a ways to go to get to 20,000 steps, you still have time in July, to keep moving forward. ;)

Everyday you will be asked to post your step total. It is a very good way of holding yourself accountable.

Replies

• msallycat108
    msallycat108 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me! Yes I'm interested!
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Im in!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    Me! Yes I'm interested!

Awesome, Miss Sally. B) Lord knows being male I need someone to hold my steps accountable. :p

Hopefully, more people will join in on the fun.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    amr32r wrote: »
    Im in!

Excellent, Miss Amr. B) Makes me smile to see people rise to a good challenge.
  • cindyjj1
    cindyjj1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm ready!!! Let's do it!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    cindyjj1 wrote: »
    I'm ready!!! Let's do it!
    That's the spirt, Miss Cindy. You have that kick but and take names attitude.

Well done and thanks for joining us. :smile:
  • willrunformedals
    willrunformedals Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hot damn that's a crazy challenge! I haven't broken 15K in a day yet. I may make this a challenge when I get stronger though. Good luck to all!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    Hot damn that's a crazy challenge! I haven't broken 15K in a day yet. I may make this a challenge when I get stronger though. Good luck to all!
    You still have time to work towards it. Give it a shot. You just might surprise yourself. B)
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,166 Member
    Options
    Would this be based on a weekly average? Or minimum daily challenge of 20,000?
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »
    Would this be based on a weekly average? Or minimum daily challenge of 20,000?
    The challenge is per day.
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • nakaiki
    nakaiki Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Awesome Challenge and I'd love to take part in it... I was just telling my friend last week, I need to be doing 20,000 steps a day and then this week you post this challenge... Man, you got me hyped and starting today I will be in practice til and thru Aug... Thank you,
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Add me.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    Awesome Challenge and I'd love to take part in it... I was just telling my friend last week, I need to be doing 20,000 steps a day and then this week you post this challenge... Man, you got me hyped and starting today I will be in practice til and thru Aug... Thank you,
    See what happens when you send out positive energy to the universe? Someone ends up catching that energy and then holding you accountable for your inner idea. :p

Glad you are excited. It is contagious.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    larali1980 wrote: »
    Add me.
    Excellent and welcome to the challenge. :D We are going to kick so much butt in a month, the MFP server is going to beg for mercy. B)

And those of you watching the thread need to join us, even if you haven't been close, yet. Challenging yourself is not failure. Failure is not even trying.

Glad to see the turnout thus far. There is plenty of room for more people. B)
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    There is still plenty of room on the 20,000 steps a day bus. Come on, folks. Give it the ole college try.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,166 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I keep second guessing. I have three trips in Aug. At least two days flying all day, and a possible drive cross country. Regardless... I Still want to "give it the ole college try". Just count me in already. I do enjoy a GOOD challenge.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »
    Ugh! I keep second guessing. I have three trips in Aug. At least two days flying all day, and a possible drive cross country. Regardless... I Still want to "give it the ole college try". Just count me in already. I do enjoy a GOOD challenge.
    That's the spirit.

Who knows, you may just surprise yourself, even on those busy work days.
  • _ankylosaurus_
    _ankylosaurus_ Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I hover around 17-18k per day now so this is great motivation to step it up.