Which FitBit?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Cocoa1020 wrote: »
    i love the charge HR. I love the heart rate monitor i can see how hard of a work out i got and how long I stayed in the different heart rate zones and because it can detect your heart rate you also get a more accurate reading of the amount of calories you burned :)

Again only if you're doing steady state cardio ..otherwise it's not even close to accurate...not for spin, HIIT, weights, aerobic class, zumba, circuits etc ...only for steady state cardio

I don't want to be a downer but please be careful how many calories you eat back ...judge against your body over 6-8 week cycles
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I don't like the wrist ones as I feel they are inaccurate. I prefer the ONE; which I wear on my hip so I track only walking and not my hand movement.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't like the wrist ones as I feel they are inaccurate. I prefer the ONE; which I wear on my hip so I track only walking and not my hand movement.

I have the Charge (wrist one) and it seems to be very accurate. I haven't had any issues with accuracy at all. I did change my setting to dominant hand (even though it's on my non-dominant hand) to reduce extra step counts from hand movement.

• goldensam2
    goldensam2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the ChargeHR and love it.
  • wekayim94
    wekayim94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The Ultra and Flex were both great, but I think the Charge HR is the best of all, a wonderful combination of features, comfort, and price. Best wishes!
  • jcarouth
    jcarouth Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the One. I really like it. I've been thinking about getting a Charge HR but I'm a little worried I'll be annoyed with it being on my wrist. My wife also has a One and she loves hers. We've had them for a couple years now.

Someone else mentioned the sleep band problem for the Fitbit One. I agree it's kind of terrible. My One used to fall out almost every night. Then I started wearing it inside out and that problem is resolved.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have the One and LOVE it.... I clip it on my bra and no one even knows that I have it on. It has been very accurate for me syncing with MFP, I eat back most of my calories from the Fitbit adjustment and I still lose at a steady rate.
  • btkennett
    btkennett Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I had a Microsoft Band and HATED it. I bought a Surge and absolutely love it. Battery life is great. Its comfortable. GPS is accurate enough for all but the insanely competitive (as is the heart rate tracking)
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I like my flex most of the time, but I find that it does fall off more often than I'd like, especially if I'm doing a lot of lifting and it catches on something. I've lost it before, and was lucky enough that it was returned to the lost and found where I could reclaim it (several weeks later.) The band also broke after just a few months. Thankfully, it usually comes with an extra so I just use that now.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have a Flex. I did have issues with the battery after a few months but the company was great about sending a replacement right away. I have also had issues with bands popping off and breaking. Just bought a new band off of Amazon that is super comfortable, not as bulky as the original bands or the cheap off label replacements like ismile and it has a regular buckle instead of the clasp. Only thing is that the band runs small so won't fit a wrists larger than 7.25 inches which is exactly my measurement. It's a bit snug, but the material is soft and comfortable so I don't find that I mind it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-Flex-Band-French-Bull/dp/B00NVRQ53A/ref=sr_1_29?rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1437972770&sr=8-29&keywords=fitbit+band

I don't wear my tracker in the shower even though it is supposed to be able to. Have ready to many experiences of people whose trackers died after their wearing them to swim or otherwise getting them wet.

I never wore anything on my wrist before I got the Fitbit. I don't wear jewelry because I work with my hands and don't like things getting in my way and have not found it to be that bothersome to wear the tracker.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I had the One before. I quite liked it, it sometimes encouraged me to do more than I had planned to. I washed it by accident once (forgot it was on my bra when I put it in the wash) and it survived. It didn't survive the second time I washed it (it popped off my bra with the armful load of laundry I was putting in the wash. I didn't buy another one, and at some point I fell off track and gained weight back and stopped exercising (did not coincide with losing the fitbit). I've been back exercising and losing weight since January. Most of my exercise has been running on the treadmill or outside (using mapmyrun to track), and strength training, but I'm hoping to add in more things like outdoor sports (soccer, ultimate frisbee) and hiking where I would like to have something that would track that a bit better, mostly out of curiosity. So I ordered another Fitbit.
    I again ordered the One. I never wear bracelets of any kind so I didn't think that I would like a bracelet one. And I quite liked the One, just going to try to be more careful when doing laundry with it!
    I wish I had known that a store near me sold fitbits for the same price as amazon as I would have bought it for this weekend (did a 16km run, an afternoon full of fast paced ultimate frisbee and soccer, and a 3 hour hike), but now I will likely get it this coming thursday (in time for my camping trip which is nice, especially since my phone probably won't hold it's charge for the whole weekend so I won't be able to use mapmyrun).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    The only exercise I do is walking, so the fitbit zip suits me. I just don't trust those HR monitor devices. It seems the activities they actually track accurately are very few...
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have had a fit bit for 2-1/2 years. It is the single best motivator to get me to move more. I have had a One, a Force, and now a Charge HR (have had the Charge HR for 7 weeks now) They all had the same features, except the HR has the heart rate monitor, which I really like. Personal preference on which to choose. It challenges me to push myself to move more. I love it, and will have a fitbit from now on.

The Force is no longer available. Some people were having reactions (breaking out on their wrists) from the metal on the Force. I was one of the people who broke out from it. I kept it in my pocket until it was replaced by Fitbit. Their customer service is outstanding!

One thing to keep in mind, they do not pick up all of the steps when using a machine (like an elliptical), but for actual step counts, they are great (walking, running). It has more than paid for itself as a motivational device for me, and for me, that is a huge plus.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,609 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ANY Fitbit device from the $59 Zip, all the way to the Surge will give you a fairly accurate picture of your caloric expenditure (TDEE).

The HR function is NOT needed in order for your Fitbit to calculate your TDEE accurately.

The most accurate step counting units are probably the ZIP and the ONE because their step counts are not confounded by arm movement.

Beyond that buy based on budget, looks, and features:

Zip: cheap and does the trick.
    One: adds sleep and floors
    Flex: is the only waterproof one and has fashion goodies (I think)
    Charge: Not sure what it offers compared to the Force other than maybe a more secure clasp
    Charge HR: offers HR monitoring for steady state activities.
    Surge HR: adds GPS

Fitbit HR is still version 1 and will occasionally not function properly.

If you want GPS tracks for all your activities you will have to buy a Surge HR. You will NOT be able to manage this by using a Charge HR+ the Fitbit Phone app as you can EITHER put the band in activity mode to record an activity OR start a recording with GPS from the phone app with the band NOT being in activity mode.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Good list and I will add that zip and one clip to your pocket or bra which can be important when you like to wear shiny things like bracelets :)
  • joshuapowell1989
    joshuapowell1989 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I started off with a Charge, but after a couple of weeks after realising the motivation it gave me wanted the Charge HR, I then upgraded to the Surge for the additional exercise tracking and GPS for when i decide to go for a walk outside. I haven't really used the GPS part too much as I joined a gym, but now i'm back to walking i'll probably use the functionality more.
    I do love the surge though, Whilst people do see it as bulky, i barely notice it's there.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge hr and I really love it. I had a glitch in mine and after they tried the reset (didnt fix it) Fitbit sent me a brand new one. I paid nothing. They are a very customer oriented company and I appreciate that so much. Anyway...I have had no problems with it since the replacement. I love it.