Plyometrics at the gym?

Options
So ever since I've started lifting weights I've had access to the 24-hour gym at my apartment complex- there's hardly ever anybody in there at 5:30 AM, which is when I go. I do plyometrics on leg days- like long jumps and stuff. This is probably a really dumb question, but for those of you who go to gyms at times during which it's busier, is it bad gym etiquette to do plyometrics? Like, for long jumps and stuff you kinda need a bit of room. I assume it's fine as they're always included in workout programs on Bodybuilding.com, but I can't remember seeing folks doing plyometrics in the gym I used to use back home. Just thought I'd ask so I don't commit a faux pas! :p

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It depends on how the gym is set up
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    It depends how crowded it is and how much room you take up. I think common sense and alertness applies here. At my gym, people are slow to respond, like cattle, so if you move quickly across the floor, they don't always take appropriate evasive action.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    If there isn't a nice long aisle way set up- and or it's super crowded- you're going to get the stank eye- but if you have a little room- and it's not ball sot the wall packed... then yeah- you'll probably be okay.
  • Hausisse1
    Hausisse1 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Makes sense! Thank you guys.
  • raimac123
    raimac123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I feel like everyone has a right to workout in the space. If you establish a space to work, as long as you are not blocking machines or weights, you should be fine. My gym buddy and I have established what we call a p90x corner which is just a section of the gym void of equipment that we use for plyos or interval training lol. Go for it!
  • Hausisse1
    Hausisse1 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    raimac123 wrote: »
    I feel like everyone has a right to workout in the space. If you establish a space to work, as long as you are not blocking machines or weights, you should be fine. My gym buddy and I have established what we call a p90x corner which is just a section of the gym void of equipment that we use for plyos or interval training lol. Go for it!

Haha, good idea! Thank you :)