staying the same, losing a pound barely

Options
So I don't hate my body completely, I just want to shed a good 15 pounds and I'll be happy.. Thing is I try to run on my days off but I work so much and I eat decently well just I'm not sure what I should be eating that will guarantee me a faster weight loss. Any tips on food and exercise welcomed. Thanks :).

Replies

• joshideepa2386
    joshideepa2386 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Having dinner by 6-7 pm has helped me..
  • lunidevojka
    lunidevojka Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    Having dinner by 6-7 pm has helped me..

I have tried its hard sometimes when I get off work late and am hungry lol. Bit I'll definently try that @joshideepa2386
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Weigh all of your foods on a digital scale, make sure you are logging as accurately as possible, try to pack healthier options for meals or quick snacks at work, set your weight loss to .5 pound a week since you have 15 pounds to lose, and add in some strength training to help give you a "toned" look (this usually helps you to look smaller and burn more calories for muscle repair). You may want to try HIIT training 1 or 2 times a week if you are crunched for time.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    So I don't hate my body completely, I just want to shed a good 15 pounds and I'll be happy.. Thing is I try to run on my days off but I work so much and I eat decently well just I'm not sure what I should be eating that will guarantee me a faster weight loss. Any tips on food and exercise welcomed. Thanks :).

You don't mention whether you're logging your food or tracking your intake at all. If you aren't, I would start there. How much you eat (in terms of the number of calories) matters more than what or when you eat.
  • lunidevojka
    Options

You don't mention whether you're logging your food or tracking your intake at all. If you aren't, I would start there. How much you eat (in terms of the number of calories) matters more than what or when you eat.

Logging and staying under my calories is what I started on first, just need to get somewhere.
    Where would I buy a food weighing scale? I don't even get how people do that and know how many lbs to eat :$

• debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You can find a scale at Walmart or Amazon for $10-20 and you want to weigh your food in grams, not pounds to be more accurate. Use the scale to determine a portion size and how many calories it is and then you can see how much of that food you can eat based on how it fits into your calorie goals.
  • lunidevojka
    Options
    debubbie wrote: »
    You can find a scale at Walmart or Amazon for $10-20 and you want to weigh your food in grams, not pounds to be more accurate. Use the scale to determine a portion size and how many calories it is and then you can see how much of that food you can eat based on how it fits into your calorie goals.

Sounds like I'm buying scale than. Thank you for answering my question @debubbie :)