I need a chocolate fix

Options
Pinksmoke429
Pinksmoke429 Posts: 1 Member
I'm looking for a low cal breakfast chocolate smoothie. I find that I am extremely hungry after about an hour after I drink my smoothie. Does anyone have any recipes that make you full longer buy low on calories?

Replies

• esmesqualor
    esmesqualor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try soaking 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and 1 tablespoon of flax seed in a glass of water the night before. In the morning add the whole glass to your smoothie, before blending (along with 3 or 4 leaves of raw kale). That, along with whatever your normal chocolate smoothie ingredients are should help. Be sure you have protein and fiber in your smoothies to help keep you full.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I add protein powder to mine because it makes me fuller and I need the protein
  • Goooosfraba333
    Goooosfraba333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Its not a smoothie but overnight oats with sugar free chocolate pudding mix and chocolate soy milk is AMAZING.

4 servings is:
    1 cup oats
    1 cup milk of choice (chocolate Silk is my favorite)
    1 cup Greek yogurt (plain works great)
    1 box of Jello sugar free pudding mix

I then usually add extra stuff like some super dark chocolate chips, berries, flax and/or chia seeds. I switch it up though.
  • AlyM725
    AlyM725 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    1/2 a banana
    1/2 a cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon almond butter
    1 tablespoon cocoa powder

you can also add greek yogurt or replace the cocoa powder with chocolate protein powder
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake in the mornings that keeps me full for a while and tastes really good.

3/4 cup almond milk
    1/2 scoop chocolate peanut butter protein powder
    1/3 frozen banana
    Sometimes I also add in peanut butter, cocoa powder, yogurt, even vanilla ice cream. Whatever I'm feeling that day!
  • ajturner1111
    ajturner1111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use one scoop of chocolate protein powder, one cup of milk, ice and some strawberries. it tastes exactly like a chocolate strawberry milk shake.
  • GenevieveRox
    GenevieveRox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    d1nks0882tjc.jpg

This makes 2 serving. I doubled the servings due to making it for 2 people. I suggest cutting everything in half. It's chocolate, yummy, low carb and healthy. Use stevia to taste or for sweetness agave nectar is good and low glycemic. I love it this.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I do a choc-banana smoothie:
    Milk of choice
    1 scoop dark choc protein powder (I use bare blends)
    One banana
    Handful baby spinach (changes the colour a little but no impact on taste)
    Spoonful chia seeds

For my DH I'll also blend in some rolled oats.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Smoothies never filled me up. When I get hungry a tablespoon of Skippy's all natural peanut butter with honey works for me. If I have a chocolate craving then a small candy bar--like Snicker's works the cure.