21 year old with 138 pounds to lose. Looking for extra encouragement and mentors.

Options
Naja_
Naja_ Posts: 85 Member
Hello everyone. I'm 338 pounds and I've been fat all my life. I am determined to change my lifestyle.

So excited on my journey.

Tomorrow will be one week since I started my diet and I will be weighing in for the second time.
I exercised for the first time yesterday and I loved it! Today I will be meeting with a fitness trainer!

Feel free to ask me anything. Can't wait to hear from you all! :)

Replies

• andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Good luck, let me rephrase that luck has nothing to do with. You can do it, you will succeed, and believe in yourself. Hope you do well with your weight loss.
  • Naja_
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    Good luck, let me rephrase that luck has nothing to do with. You can do it, you will succeed, and believe in yourself. Hope you do well with your weight loss.

Thank you so much! With the stress of college out of the way I can really kick *kitten* now! lol
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    great attitude, you will succeed.
  • bigdaddy12515
    bigdaddy12515 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me im looking for friends for motivation and support
  • Naja_
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    great attitude, you will succeed.

Thanks so much!
  • Naja_
    Options
    Feel free to add me im looking for friends for motivation and support

Same here buddy, Will do!

• MissAbbieJay
    MissAbbieJay Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Naja_ wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I'm 338 pounds and I've been fat all my life. I am determined to change my lifestyle.

Tomorrow will be one week since I started my diet and I will be weighing in for the second time.
    I exercised for the first time yesterday and I loved it! Today I will be meeting with a fitness trainer!

Hi! I'm 21 also and I have 265 pounds to lose! I'll add you :)

• Naja_
    Options
    Naja_ wrote: »

Hi! I'm 21 also and I have 265 pounds to lose! I'll add you :)

Woot Woot! :D

• ImSooHigh
    ImSooHigh Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good luck and have fun while your at it. I was overweight for a long time myself.
  • Naja_
    Options
    ImSooHigh wrote: »
    Good luck and have fun while your at it. I was overweight for a long time myself.

Thanks so much!
  • suryaahuja
    suryaahuja Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You go girl.. Everything is possible in this world.. Keep up..
  • jirwin323
    jirwin323 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    WOW - GOOD FOR YOU. My son was 24 when he decided to lose 130 pounds. He did and it was a remarkable achievement he went from 300pounds to 170pounds in 12 months. He put himself on a 1350 calorie limit and had 5 or 6 recipes he cooked knowing that each serving was approximately 350 calories. If he had a "bad" day, he just started back to basics the next day. Now he is a STUD and instead of spending his time eating he is at the gym lifting weights and has now taken up running. He was interviewed across the world - here is his TODAY show interview

http://www.today.com/health/son-surprises-parents-130-pound-weight-loss-2D11876422

GOOD LUCK - YOU CAN DO IT.
  • Reprocess
    Reprocess Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Just started again a week ago after i recovered from knee surgery. Looking forward to having support and supporting
  • Naja_
    Options
    jirwin323 wrote: »
    WOW - GOOD FOR YOU. My son was 24 when he decided to lose 130 pounds. He did and it was a remarkable achievement he went from 300pounds to 170pounds in 12 months. He put himself on a 1350 calorie limit and had 5 or 6 recipes he cooked knowing that each serving was approximately 350 calories. If he had a "bad" day, he just started back to basics the next day. Now he is a STUD and instead of spending his time eating he is at the gym lifting weights and has now taken up running. He was interviewed across the world - here is his TODAY show interview

http://www.today.com/health/son-surprises-parents-130-pound-weight-loss-2D11876422

GOOD LUCK - YOU CAN DO IT.

Omg how amazing is that! shout out to him! does he blog?
  • Naja_
    Options
    Reprocess wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. Just started again a week ago after i recovered from knee surgery. Looking forward to having support and supporting

Added.

Keep that knee elevated! :)
  • gemma280
    gemma280 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You got this! I'm 26 and still have around 70lbs left to lose. Good luck :)
  • Naja_
    Options
    gemma280 wrote: »
    You got this! I'm 26 and still have around 70lbs left to lose. Good luck :)

Very exciting! thank you :)

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I just want to congratulate and encourage you all that have made the decision to lose weight while you are younger. I never really took it seriously like I am. I am losing, but it would have been so much easier when I was in my 20s or 30s.
  • Naja_
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I just want to congratulate and encourage you all that have made the decision to lose weight while you are younger. I never really took it seriously like I am. I am losing, but it would have been so much easier when I was in my 20s or 30s.

Thank you for the kind advice. We are going to kick weight's butt!

Please add me. I'd love to takes some tips from you!
  • MrsWard15
    MrsWard15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to add me! Open diary :)