Options
2»

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    okaycpu wrote: »
    okaycpu89 wrote: »
    I log everything I eat into the My Fitness Pal app. Id say my daily caloric intake is about 99% accurate. And even if it wasn't, I walk between 7-10 miles 5-6 days a week.

I think one main problem is on the weekend when I drink alcohol. But I wouldn't think that 1-2 days of the week when I drink or eat in excess would have much impact considering what I do for a living and how well I eat during the week.

Alcohol is not only high in calories, but usually causes you to eat stupid stuff like a bag of potato chips with onion dip or a whole pizza or whatever. Been there, done that. Log the alcohol (you'll probably have to save your cans/bottles/or whatever to get an accurate count the next day when you are sober) and see how much it is. Also, you should save the bags or chips or receipts from the pizza place or whatever packaging that you have eaten until the next day when you are sober so that you can log accurately.

Hopefully that will inspire you to quit sabotaging yourself with the alcohol and start losing weight. You're sure working hard enough to do so.

This is so true. At some point you're just like, *kitten* it. I'm eating the rest of this pizza. It sounds incredible. I should stop drinking for an entire month and see where it gets me.

I have however started just recently drinking my whiskey straight on the rocks. So that may help.

Yeah, I'm sure that will help, OKAYCPU or whatever you are.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    It is really easy to eat back all your calories on a weekend.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Well, both profiles say they're 26 year old males. But they have two different weight loss tickers.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Maybe one is OKAYCPU coming back from the future Terminator style...trying to warn his younger self of the danger of not using food scales.

Lol. My favorite post today.

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    If you aren't using a food scale then you are definitely not 99% accurate on your logging. This will make your deficit smaller than you think (if you even have one) and adding to that you're going overboard on the weekends are pretty much the reason you can't lose.

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Maybe one is OKAYCPU coming back from the future Terminator style...trying to warn his younger self of the danger of not using food scales.

Tip your waitresses....I'm here all week!

I tip exceptional waitresses 30%, or a dollar a person plus two dollars, whichever is more (as in the case of say Waffle House), a very good waitress 20%, or a dollar a person plus one dollar, whichever is more, a good waitress 20% or a dollar a person, whichever is more. I tip a bad waitress 10%, or $1.00 per person, whichever is less. I tip a terrible waitress nothing. I can't remember the last time I tipped a bad or terrible waitress; it's been years and fluke events. Most servers are exceptional!
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    The comfort of CICO is that when you're not losing, the culprit is always the same - a caloric surplus. The solution, virtually always the same - reduce intake (although increasing output to a certain degree helps).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

I tip exceptional waitresses 30%, or a dollar a person plus two dollars, whichever is more (as in the case of say Waffle House), a very good waitress 20%, or a dollar a person plus one dollar, whichever is more, a good waitress 20% or a dollar a person, whichever is more. I tip a bad waitress 10%, or $1.00 per person, whichever is less. I tip a terrible waitress nothing. I can't remember the last time I tipped a bad or terrible waitress; it's been years and fluke events. Most servers are exceptional!

Man, I'm glad tipping isn't done here. Sounds mighty confusing :open_mouth:

• sharonpryke
    sharonpryke Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What you need to consider is that you now weigh 20 lbs less than when you started - and after a year of walking every day, you are also fitter. This means that carrying on eating the same and doing the same amount of exercise won't work any more.

It does sound like you're sabotaging yourself at weekends - and I agree with the comments about how alcohol can affect how much you eat. I stopped my alcohol ban over the last couple of days to celebrate my husband's birthday and as a result I gained a 1 lb this week, instead of losing.

You need to take account of the new, fitter and slimmer you and make a few changes if you want to carry on losing weight. It sounds like the weekends would be the place to start. If you usually drink and eat more freely both days, how about cutting it down to one to begin with? And perhaps think about doing some different exercise - either weights or swimming or a team sport?

Good luck!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Hell yes ...standard 10% service charge in restaurants if it's not added to bill here
  • armstrong284
    armstrong284 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @Shell105

Lol terminator. *high five*
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Especially since denying someone a tip means that you are saying thumbs up to a system that pays people a base pay of 2 or 4 dollars an hour. I don't care what kind of device I get, if I am with someone who doesn't tip....I am basically done with that person.

But I digress since I don't want this OP'S post to become about tipping. What I posted was a joke. It's what comedians sometimes say...

@shell1005 The minimum wage here is around $20 an hour, maybe $18ish for teenagers, which could be why tipping isn't the norm here.. 2-4 sounds like slave labour!!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

The whole system is ridiculous.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Hello, are u drinking enough water? 64 plus oz or more? Protein? U should be getting 80-90 grams a day. Those are the main two. Others are sugars, u should be eating less than 15g per serving at 3 meals a day. And no more than 50-60g carbs total for the day. Try to keep your fatg at 3-5 per serving as well. See how that works for you for a few weeks to a month. You might just be eating the wrong calories. Good luck!
    Tia Rowley

You said 45 g of sugar max and no more than 50-60 grams of total carbs? Nutritionists disagree!