HELP NO WEIGHTLOSS

Options
Can someone please help me? I've put my weight and my exercise regime into the app and its telling me I should be eating 1500 calories a day. I gym five times a week and barely hit my goal, but I'm not hungry or tired. It's been two weeks and I had initially lost 5lbs but this week I've put it back on. I need help!! Should I eat more/less?

Replies

• vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    A lot of times we overestimate calories lost at the gym and underestimate the calories we consume. I don't even count my exercise on my tracker and I use a scale so I know for absolute sure how much I put into my body. I highly recommend it. Do that and keep tabs on how your weight fluctuates. If it suggested 1500, try to commit to it for a month before panicking.
  • Tilly1285
    Tilly1285 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One thing I have to watch are the foods high in sodium. They tend to make me retain water. Yesterday I eliminated all salt for one day and drank around 80 ounces of water. Scaled this morning and had a 3.5 lb loss.
    Never give up - Never give in. It's a journey.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I fluctuate 5 or so lbs just from retaining water (TOM or eating something salty). Two weeks is not enough time. Keep the course - track something else (inches), and give it at least two months before you determine there is a problem.
  • nikkisandrews
    nikkisandrews Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tilly1285 wrote: »
    One thing I have to watch are the foods high in sodium. They tend to make me retain water. Yesterday I eliminated all salt for one day and drank around 80 ounces of water. Scaled this morning and had a 3.5 lb loss.

I don't add salt to my foods. are there salty foods I should be avoiding?
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Tilly1285 wrote: »

I don't add salt to my foods. are there salty foods I should be avoiding?

Just because you aren't adding salt to your foods doesn't mean you aren't eating foods packed with salt (or sodium). Worth checking the labels if this is something you are worried about, especially with 'processed' foods (pre-bought meals).
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Water weight from sodium is temporary.

Two weeks isn't very long. It sounds like you need to be a little more patient and look for a trend in your weight change.
  • AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    These are the kind of helpful posts, this is why I still use the forums =)
  • plashfo
    plashfo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stay positive! This is not a set back. Remember you are being active and eating healthy to improve not only how you look, but how you feel. Weight fluctuations are normal--it's easy come and easy go. Try these little tips by Jillian Michaels https://youtu.be/CjTiHHGufjU on how to aviod weight gain.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Give it more time... could be many causes for the gain.... water, tom, etc.
    To answer your question.. "eat more or less"? Don't eat more b.c not losing.
    Make sure you are logging all your food/drink correctly also.
    Keep up the good work.