Anyone else following the Colorado Diet?

Options
I am beginning Phase 1 of the Colorado Diet this Saturday (the 1st of August). Does anyone have any tips for starting and keeping it up?

Replies

• accidentalpancake
    accidentalpancake Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Please tell me this means you can only eat while in Colorado.
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    No. Only Rocky Mountain Oysters.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I thought the Colorado diet was mostly craft beer and whatever you got the munchies for?

89be2ni86ffs.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,671 Member
    Options
    I only eat a Colorado omelette at IHOP. Of course it's usually split between myself and my DD/DW.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I thought the Colorado diet was mostly craft beer and whatever you got the munchies for?

That's the diet I've been following, then! :smiley:

• paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    that is not how we eat in Colorado lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Please tell me this means you can only eat while in Colorado.

This is the one I follow, unless I go out of town.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    juleshelm555, you may be figuring out that in general we aren't fans of any nonsense fad diets. All you have to do in order to lose weight is consume less calories than your body burns. That is exactly what MyFitnessPal is designed to help you accomplish.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,272 Member
    Options
    Any diet that says you HAVE to eat breakfast within an hour of waking or you HAVE to eat 6 times a day or every couple of hours is a bunch of BS. And that is just the start of how stupid this thing sounds.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    Sounds low carb, in which case you may wish to check in with the Low Carb Daily Group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hm. Sounds fishy.
    Built on the premise that a sluggish metabolism is one of the biggest impediments to long-lasting weight loss success, the Colorado Diet is a three-phase plan designed to reignite, rebuilt and reinforce the metabolism. The plan relies on several simple, realistic and sane lifestyle tweaks that will help you achieve what Wyatt and Hill dub a “Mile-High Metabolism”—one that enables you to eat to satisfaction and still stay slender.

http://spryliving.com/articles/6-weight-loss-secrets-from-the-skinny-state/

The 6 "secrets" don't sound bad but the "rebuilding metabolism" sounds super gimmicky.