where do you lose the weight first

Options
I am 5'2 at 136 right now... trying to get to 125. I have been on here for about a month now... working out steadily for 5 days a week atleast an hour a day... my question is where does everyone tend to lose their weight first? I really am trying to lose it in my stomach that is my only problem area . I have lost little over 5 pounds so far and it doesnt seem that any of it is from my stomach...

helpp!! suggestions?

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i ALWAYS lose it in my face first.....and my stomach....
  • rgaillard6
    rgaillard6 Posts: 5
    Options
    When I lose weight I first notice in my face and upper body.....I think i'm seeing my stomach appear smaller but I really think its too soon and i'm just wanting to see it.

Keep up the good work. But I have heard that the stomach is the hardest place to slim down.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • Summerleahd
    Summerleahd Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My upper body, and hips
  • sfmathews
    sfmathews Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine has been coming off by butt and thighs.
  • wilsabeast
    wilsabeast Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    a personal trainer once told me this. "Fat disappears like snow melts, where there is a drift it takes a little longer."
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It came off my face and upper torso first, and then the spare tire above my waist deflated.
  • annielarson
    annielarson Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 but weigh 140 and want to be 125. Similar goals! Question, how many calories did MFP allot you a day? I'm at 1200. Its pretty easy for me to meat the goal if I exercise but I have a hard time if I dont make it (especially on the weekends). congrats on the 5 pounds lost! I too have a tummy problem area but also would like to see weight removed from my face, arms, and butt. I've never lost a big amount of weight before so Im not sure where it goes first!
  • hazelbliss6
    hazelbliss6 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My butt. Which is a bummer cuz i'd actually like to keep some of that :) Last is love handels.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    In my face. That is the first place I lose it.

I will tell you that I've come a long way in this journey and have seen the biggest change in my stomach in the last few months. As women, we hold onto our stomach/hip/thigh fat longer than men do. :(

I honestly believe adding in more strength training has helped more than cardio did. Don't get me wrong, cardio will burn the fat but I've seen more stomach area results with the circuit training I do.
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be coming off my hips and waist,
    but not my tummy unfortunately :cry:

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Fingers, knees and right under my bust is where mine seems to have gone from so far. It's a bit weird...
  • OttawaJeannie
    OttawaJeannie Posts: 206
    Options
    My face. People start to notice after I lose about 10lbs. I gained it last in my stomach, so I'm really hoping that's the next to go.
    Last in...first out :)
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've lost mine from my butt - which I didn't have to begin with - and my boobs. I've also lost some in mid-section.
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    people see it in my face.....but i notice it on my legs and stomach doesnt look as full or bloated
  • michelle1980m
    Options
    my face and stomach
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    a personal trainer once told me this. "Fat disappears like snow melts, where there is a drift it takes a little longer."

So true!!

mine is in the face and upper body and booty.
    I have been told it depends on your build too. For example, I do not have a defined waist. When I was 125 (in high school) I was thin but no waist definition; just straight down. That is how my body is. Everyone has a different type.
    I have also been told and have read it in some articles that the first weight to come off is the fat that was put on first and the fat that has been therefore awhile will take longer.
  • OliveLucas
    OliveLucas Posts: 84
    Options
    fingers and wrist, also a little from the waist
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! Or it would be if my body hadn't drifted so much. :bigsmile:
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Full C cup to a B cup... 'nuf said.
  • merrycat
    merrycat Posts: 131 Member
    Options

That's an awesome quote! It also explains why the bits you most want to shrink are the last to go.