Has anyone tried Phentermine, Garcinia Camogia, Hydroxycut or Alli? Good or bad results?

Options
Sourbutsweetx
Sourbutsweetx Posts: 7 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
Hey! I'm very interested to hear other peoples experiences with these products.

Replies

• CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Stop taking these and stop wasting your money. CICO. Period. The end.
  • Lizzles4Shizzles
    Lizzles4Shizzles Posts: 122 Member
    Options

This is basically the only type of response you're going to get here, OP. Might as well go ahead and end this thread now before it gets ugly.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,550 Member
    Options
    NONE work without a calorie deficit. And calorie deficit is FREE.

Also NONE teach you HOW to eat less than you burn. They are just utilizing appetite suppression, which if you don't learn on your own, means you'll be taking the stuff ALL YOUR LIFE.

New habits get learned through CONSISTENCY.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    A couple of them "work" (only when combined with a calorie deficit), but they have really bad side effects (like kidney damage or liquid seeping from your butt all day). Save your money and spend time on here learning about how fat loss actually works.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Gimmicks, fads, get thin quick schemes don't work. If you do manage to lose some weight....these gimmicks teach you nothing you need to know to keep the weight off.

Alli - horrible side effects (orange stained underwear). Basically these are pills you take that prevent fat absorption. Dietary fat is necessary for many bodily functions....yet Alli forces you to eat a fat free diet for fear of crapping your pants. Don't do it!
  • Laurenjenai
    Laurenjenai Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    About 6 years ago I tried phentermine, but I didn't use it long because my mouth would be so dry, if I can remember, I got headaches and was dizzy, and it really curbed my hunger. I once didn't eat for like 3 days, lost 10 lbs really fast and i got really sick and didn't want to take them any more. Obviously I wasn't being healthy with it, you have to drink a lot of water and still eat lol. I gained the weight back too. I will never use it again though. Regular diet and exercise will do the trick for me. Lost 60+ lbs that way and maintained great.
  • brandi9172
    brandi9172 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Phentermine is the only one out of those that is a perscribed drug...you won't get anything over the counter worth your money. And Phentermine has a lot of risks. If you are heavily overweight and your doctor deems it appropriate, than use it...but you won't get any support from most people here by using it. :) Good luck.
  • Sourbutsweetx
    Options
    My friend started taking the Phentermine and I thought because it is prescribed by the doctor that it wouldn't have bad effects. But I don't want any long term problems for short term weight loss so nevermind. :|
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I took Phentermine a few years back. I lost about 55 pounds and then gained it all back when I stopped taking it. Personally, I'd never take it or anything like it ever again. I actually find it easier to just create a caloric deficit and exercise.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    With Phentermine, it is about asking if the benefits out weigh the risks.

Here are the side effects: http://www.drugs.com/sfx/phentermine-side-effects.html

Your ticker says you have 40 pounds to lose. I was able to ( and I know everyone is different) lose 35 pounds in about a year just eating in a calorie deficit and using a food scale. I added in light cardio and some weight lifting. So far it's stayed off.

I would recommend trying it the MFP way, and count your calories (Hey its free) before jumping to weight loss pills.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I crapped myself at work taking Xenical (orlistat, same ingredient as Alli I believe). Is that enough of a reason for you to stay away?
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My friend started taking the Phentermine and I thought because it is prescribed by the doctor that it wouldn't have bad effects. But I don't want any long term problems for short term weight loss so nevermind. :|

Good Choice.
    Learn more about just eating at a calorie deficit and you will do Great !!!
  • Sourbutsweetx
    Options
    Yeeeeah I don't want them anymore :| thanks :#:D
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP there are no magic quick fix solutions to weight loss. Many of them, whether prescribed by a doctor or sold OTC have side effects. All of them, even if they give you the short term results you are looking for, fail to teach you what you really need to know about how to lose weight in a healthy, sustainable way and maintain it in the long run.

Eat at a calorie deficit. Focus on primarily nutrient dense foods. Fit in treats when you choose. Exercise if you like. That's it.

Oh and try the search feature, there are literally thousands of posts about these same products already...
  • Tailgater75
    Tailgater75 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    It's all garbage. I tried the Garcinia when I started losing weight using MFP....then stopped taking them and my weight hasn't stopped coming off yet. They played no factor in my weight loss.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

This exactly.
  • fishnc13
    fishnc13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hydroxycut gave me the shakes. Never tried the other ones. Most are just high doses of caffeine. I'm taking alphamine now and would recommend it.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Alli in 3 words: OILY ANAL LEAKAGE
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!