Martial Arts workouts

Options
2»

Replies

• Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    How about looking for an MMA gym? My fitness training is all done in classes at my local MMA gym (I also do fencing, BJJ and weight training) but the kind of cardio with fighting elements is exactly what our classes involve. I prefer it to videos as the trainers can correct me if I am doing something wrong, push me to train harder and the people I train with can encourage me.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    _The_Lone_Wolf_ Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    So what you are saying is you want to dance around in front of your TV while watching "tough guys" dance around on the video. Got it...
    Why dont you just take another sip of your vinegar juice and once you've done tapout xt you can come of you pwetty bike and give your constructive opinion.
    So what you are saying is you want to dance around in front of your TV while watching "tough guys" dance around on the video. Got it...

What he's saying is he enjoys martial arts based cardio workouts and was looking for suggestions on others....

I also enjoy martial arts based workouts as cardio. I don't believe anyone here alluded or even suggested doing a MA based video makes you a martial artist. But working up a sweat doing punch and kicks is more fun then burpees and jacks.

So do you have any suggestions for him or are you just going to keep taking slights at him?
    That is exactly what i meant.
    How about looking for an MMA gym? My fitness training is all done in classes at my local MMA gym (I also do fencing, BJJ and weight training) but the kind of cardio with fighting elements is exactly what our classes involve. I prefer it to videos as the trainers can correct me if I am doing something wrong, push me to train harder and the people I train with can encourage me.
    Again, lf cardio workout outs, i am already skilled in thaiboxing and judo which basicly is enough to participate in mma but mma here isnt that big a second i am not looking for contact training atm as i have a shoulder injury, so yeah, cardio workouts with elements ;)

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

What he's saying is he enjoys martial arts based cardio workouts and was looking for suggestions on others....

I also enjoy martial arts based workouts as cardio. I don't believe anyone here alluded or even suggested doing a MA based video makes you a martial artist. But working up a sweat doing punch and kicks is more fun then burpees and jacks.

So do you have any suggestions for him or are you just going to keep taking slights at him?

Since these things aren't even martial-arts "based" despite the fact that people look tough and wear gloves and such, I don't see the point to them. Might as well be an "Aerobics tape" from then 1980s. The original question seemed to be asking for "martial arts" which none of the listed things were.

In any case, at this point I am just trolling. I have no desire to do "Tapout XXL" or whatever it is because I don't see any purpose to dancing around in front of my TV. I have 25+ years of experience in actual jujitsu and find these sort of things offensive at least when they are called "martial arts" instead of what they really are.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    edited July 2015
    Options
    And that is your problem, a workout like tapout XT or another HIIT workout like insanity is nothing compared to the workouts you speak of and you can only really discuss if you experienced them.

I dont know why you talk like such a debby downer maybe something bad happened to you once or something but i can guarantee for someone like you a workout like tapout xt or insanity is a challenge which until you do one of them i even doubt you can keep up with and why people do such workouts?

Well, if you come down from your pedestal you will find actually people that dont have the option to cycle long distances, live in the city or dont have the money to go to gyms or buy bicycles and if you think they dont work you are just ignorant as there are plenty of people who lost weight and got in shape doing workouts at home.
  • R1rainbows
    R1rainbows Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Idk why that guy had to be such an Internet warrior about your question. I did find some little routines just searching for "Kung fu type workout" on YouTube, as I am interested in this as well. I want to start taking Kung fu lessons very badly, but I can't afford it right now, otherwise I'd be training already! And that David Carradine one was so awkward and funny, dunno how anyone could call that a workout lmao.
  • _The_Lone_Wolf_
    Options
    Ikr, that one was crazy haha