Freshly 26 and greatly ashamed

Options
Hello Everybody,

My name is Mia and I just turned 26. I have struggled with my weight for most of my life and this battle is getting old. 10 years ago, I weighed somewhere between 180 and 190, since then, the numbers have been on the rise. I currently weigh 233.

As to not overwhelm myself with losing a ton of weight, my first goal is to lose 10 pounds and focus on that more than anything else in regards to weight. My overall goal is to get out of the 200s. Once I accomplish that goal, I will figure it out as I go.

If you are on the same boat as myself, I would love to chat and maybe have a partner in this adventure. We can share inspirations, blogs, youtube videos, exercises, whatever!

Mia

Replies

• EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    ::Hugs:: Please don't feel ashamed about your weight. You weigh what you weigh. There are choices, consequences, and circumstances. There is knowledge base, and body chemistry. Your weight does not make you a lesser person.

It's a lot easier to make this journey if you proceed with love for yourself.
  • LizzeeZ
    LizzeeZ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Mia, don't be ashamed it will be hard but it will be worth it. You can add me and we can encourage each other. We got this!! :)
  • Miaslifejourney
    Miaslifejourney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. It was such a huge disappointment looking at everything. I figured I would have been at my goal and toned by now. I only have myself to blame, but as you said Emma, it is what it is. I have a very bad habit of looking down on myself and I know I shouldn't. It obviously doesn't make anything better. How do you love yourself if you hate what you see?
  • neenbeck
    neenbeck Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey Mia! I'm 27 and I just clocked in at 253 pounds. I'm shocked and disappointed in myself as well- but you and I have already accomplished something by getting up this morning and posting in this forum. I'm proud of you for making a change!!! We can do this, girl!!!!
  • FunSizedKJ
    FunSizedKJ Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed in something you are currently working on improving! You got this, lady! We are all in this boat together!
  • FunSizedKJ
    FunSizedKJ Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. It was such a huge disappointment looking at everything. I figured I would have been at my goal and toned by now. I only have myself to blame, but as you said Emma, it is what it is. I have a very bad habit of looking down on myself and I know I shouldn't. It obviously doesn't make anything better. How do you love yourself if you hate what you see?

By constant, positive reaffirmation that you are not you weight. This body is just the vessel that is holding your amazing spirit.
  • jmquintero87
    jmquintero87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Mia! im jessica, 28yrs old 250 lbs :( and miserable. i have 3 kids close in age and am married. its hard when your busy to really stop and care about yourself (in my case anyway) but im tired of being tired! my problem is what to eat! i am super picky and dont eat most things so its hard but i am willing to try! i would love some friends who are on the same path and can help motivate each other and build each other up! and that goes for all you guys! =)
  • jmquintero87
    jmquintero87 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    neenbeck wrote: »
    Hey Mia! I'm 27 and I just clocked in at 253 pounds. I'm shocked and disappointed in myself as well- but you and I have already accomplished something by getting up this morning and posting in this forum. I'm proud of you for making a change!!! We can do this, girl!!!!

SEE! thats right! #ENCOURAGEMENT

• besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Set a deadline, say 1 month to get that done. It will motivate you more. Without a set date you lose focus. If you want some great inspiration try listening to Chalene Johnson's podcast. It has pushed me to look passed 12" in front of me and strive to do more. Dreams can be accomplished with the right drive. You've got this!
  • Miaslifejourney
    Miaslifejourney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    FunSizedKJ wrote: »

By constant, positive reaffirmation that you are not you weight. This body is just the vessel that is holding your amazing spirit.

Thank you, that is really good advice, I will have to put that on my mirror or my phone.
    Hello Mia! im jessica, 28yrs old 250 lbs :( and miserable. i have 3 kids close in age and am married. its hard when your busy to really stop and care about yourself (in my case anyway) but im tired of being tired! my problem is what to eat! i am super picky and dont eat most things so its hard but i am willing to try! i would love some friends who are on the same path and can help motivate each other and build each other up! and that goes for all you guys! =)

Hello Jessica, I know what you mean. I have a 6 year old, so I can only imagine how busy you must be. I get the picky issue, trust me. I have come to the conclusion, being picky only hurts me rather than help, so what I do to open myself up to knew foods is include it into my diet for about a week. Fruit is much easier to start with if you like sugary foods. If you like salty foods more, than vegetables might be a better food to start with.

Fruits are easy to work into smoothies, for salads, additives make it easier to stomach, cut back on the additives gradually. Another thing I find to help is by having a try me day with my daughter. We buy a few different fruits and cut them up. Which each will try them and give our opinions. I read that it takes a few tries to get used to new tastes.
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    Set a deadline, say 1 month to get that done. It will motivate you more. Without a set date you lose focus. If you want some great inspiration try listening to Chalene Johnson's podcast. It has pushed me to look passed 12" in front of me and strive to do more. Dreams can be accomplished with the right drive. You've got this!

I will check her out. Thank you!

My goal will be to lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks. I want to lose 2 lbs a day, but I know that may not happen every week. Right now, the only changes I am making to my routine is walking more with a step goal of 10k and watching my calories. I have a fitbit so it combined with MFP, I should be set for success :D.

Thank you everybody so much for the motivation!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    My goal will be to lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks. I want to lose 2 lbs a day, but I know that may not happen every week.

Right now, the only changes I am making to my routine is walking more with a step goal of 10k and watching my calories. I have a fitbit so it combined with MFP, I should be set for success.

Get some Fitbit friends and start doing Fitbit challenges. They're great motivation—and fun: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users