ZUCCHINI NOODLES (Pasta Substitute)

Options

Replies

• AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mine seem to turn out either too crunchy (if I don't cook them and only mix them with sauce), or too soggy if I microwave them. Has anyone discovered a perfect cooking time? I love the idea of putting a "laughing cow" sauce over them--I never thought of that! We don't eat a lot of dairy, but that might be worth it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like to sauté veggies, then add them in with a wedge or two of spreadable cheese (like laughing cow).
    This cheesy bowl is only 130 calories and its filling!
    cuc5xxtl9ajv.jpg

Really wishing I had some laughing cow in my fridge right now.
  • PinkDeerBoy
    PinkDeerBoy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Nice! I've seen them before at the store, but was hesitant about getting one thinking I wouldn't like it. I'm really thinking about getting one now.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i use my vegetti its cheap and you can get it anywhere really easy to use

i love 'zoodles' especially with lots of garlic,black olives , tomato sauce and mushrooms mmmmm nice to eat a massive bowl of it with some bread on the side
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I like to sauté veggies, then add them in with a wedge or two of spreadable cheese (like laughing cow).
    cuc5xxtl9ajv.jpg

I wouldn't use this as a pasta replacement, because....pasta! BUT this looks fantastic!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    What if i just want to eat some buttered/salted zucchini noodles? Is that something in the realm of feasibility?

yea just saute them in your butter/oil and spices for 1-2 minutes might need a little longer depending on how thick they are

comes out really good for me
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you have no laughing cow, cream cheese also works!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    cuc5xxtl9ajv.jpg

I wouldn't use this as a pasta replacement, because....pasta! BUT this looks fantastic!
    Thank you! I've been eating them for provably 5 years regularly and that includes other veggies "noodled." I just like the presentation and how it makes it look like a different meal, even though you could take all of the ingredients and chop them to make a stew. The veggie noodles are what's up! I also use my noodler to make curly fries!
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    Kung pao chicken zoodles are really good xjsd48mzocpj.jpg

And bacon and spinach butternut squash noodles
    0ksvbhjiagcq.jpg
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've had zucchini noodles using my Vegetti, but I've tried to use it for potatoes and the potatoes just get stuck. Is the spiralizer the same thing as a vegetti? I think potato noodles would be fun, but so far the only thing I've successfully made into noodles is zucchini. Carrots don't work either.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Kung pao chicken zoodles are really good xjsd48mzocpj.jpg

And bacon and spinach butternut squash noodles
    0ksvbhjiagcq.jpg

You really need to have your own food blog. I will be a regular reader. This stuff all looks really good.
  • nicolebparker86
    nicolebparker86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    cuc5xxtl9ajv.jpg

Please a recipe for this! It looks yummy.
  • Queenmunchy
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No problem! Chop mushroom, peppers, scallion, roasted red pepper, spinach, grape tomato, and sauté until soft. Add in zucchini noodles and 1-2 wedges of spreadable cheese and cook until melted. Even better with a little fresh basil on top.
  • JosieZeee
    JosieZeee Posts: 33 Member
    Options

This is the best! Going to try these out
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love zucchini noodles! And make a mean cheesy zucchini pasta, if I do say so myself!
    http://countingcalscuisine.tumblr.com/post/125085265157/cheesy-zucchini-spaghetti-129-calmore
  • hellobirdie_xo
    hellobirdie_xo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    gntgi3au4006.jpg

I love it - this is one of my favourites - scorched tomatoes and zucchini noodles :) I don't always find them filling alone, hence the garlic bread, but you can do what ever works for you I guess :)

Ps. Sorry for the screen shot - I must have deleted the original :(
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Love zoodles! I have one of those handheld Vegettis and it works great with squash (haven't tried it with anything else). My favorite squash to use is yellow summer squash, but I love zucchini too.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have a spiralizer. I eat regular pasta but I also like the zucchini noodles.
    If you cook the zucchini noodles you only want to do it for maybe 2 minutes on the stove. Very fast.

I've used the spiralizer for potato & parsnips so far.
  • CarlosSoriano
    CarlosSoriano Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Queenmunchy that looks awesome can't wait to try that
  • ShinyFuture
    ShinyFuture Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I make Asian inspired soups with zucchini noodles -I just start with Trader Joe's miso-ginger broth and zucchini noodles, and then whatever I have on hand - asparagus, mushrooms, green onion, shredded carrot, etc - bonus, it's speedy fast.