Injured ! But refuse to give up

Options
I injured my ankle on March 9 and I'm still injured!!!! Surgery is possible. People can tell you to work around certain injuries. I basically had to give up cardio, I cannot swim or bike as of yet. I only have control of one thing...my diet...i am determined to show people I can loose weight without exercise! I know this is temp. status but when you are use to exercising and being very fit..it is struggle!

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    There are workouts on youtube for people who are stuck in a wheelchair or have broken feet.
    There are cardio machines at the gym which can be used just with upper body. hand cycle and rope machine.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yeah i tried those wheelchair routines, they are okay but I have a ripped tendon and it is not getting better when I am too active, had to slow down....hand cycle is okay...I'm used to walking 65 miles a week!
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Why don't you lift? It's actually a lot better than doing cardio for weight loss. Use some sort of compression for your ankle..
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Yeah i tried those wheelchair routines, they are okay but I have a ripped tendon and it is not getting better when I am too active, had to slow down....hand cycle is okay...I'm used to walking 65 miles a week!

You adapt and make the best of the situation. You might be used to walking 65 miles, but its not an option so look for alternatives. Plenty of people on the site lose without exercise, so there no reason to even contemplate giving up. You already seem to have lost most of it so its just a bit of patience thats needed and when you do heal up then you can introduce some more cardio which isnt as heavy on your ankle.