just one simple question and i will be on my way...

Options
2»

Replies

• noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The Crossfit Games. Watch what those amazing people can do!
    I want to do cool stuff! Lift heavy things! Become a version of myself that could survive the apocalypse or become a vigilante super hero...
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    make it habitual. i don't even think twice about running every morning. it's just a part of my morning, like drinking coffee. it requires zero "motivation" because it's one of my morning habits.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    May sound weird but I got a pedometer. Looking at how many steps I had taken and besting myself, or at least reaching my goal got me started and motivated again. I started out with just getting to 3000 steps a day then 6000, then 10000 now my daily goal is 13000. I also started IF which simply meant for me that I couldn't eat at night. So I am losing weight and feeling fitter. :)

Nothing weird there, that's kinda the reason for the Fitbit. It works for some people, and I have to admit to getting a little thrill when I get the vibrating telling me I just hit 10,000 steps. XD
  • flamingblades
    flamingblades Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My clothes nearly falling off, that keeps me motivated to get my butt to the gym.
  • wonna13
    wonna13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fitness is like putting pennies in a piggy bank. No one ever gets rich overnight. But every little bit counts toward your goal. Over time, it can add up to a great amount. Every day is another opportunity to be successful, no matter how bad the day before turned out. Even if it is just a 15 minute walk around the block, or making a sensible choice for dinner, do something every day for your fitness. It truly is a habit that builds overtime. Good luck!
    I like that. Now that was motivating. I am going to copy that. Thanks for sharing
  • HankD50
    HankD50 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    wonna13 wrote: »
    Fitness is like putting pennies in a piggy bank. No one ever gets rich overnight. But every little bit counts toward your goal. Over time, it can add up to a great amount. Every day is another opportunity to be successful, no matter how bad the day before turned out. Even if it is just a 15 minute walk around the block, or making a sensible choice for dinner, do something every day for your fitness. It truly is a habit that builds overtime. Good luck!
    I like that. Now that was motivating. I am going to copy that. Thanks for sharing

You are very welcome!
  • dfree4wb
    dfree4wb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have some great MFP friends that are very supportive and the success of doing well keep me going.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    It's not really about motivation ... it's more about attaining a goal.

If I want to cycle in a long distance event, I map out the rides I need to do in order to be able to do that event. I put them in my Outlook calendar, and I do them.

If I want to get my next degree, I save some money, sign up for the courses, and attend.

If I want to make money, I get up every morning and go to work.

If I want to lose weight, I log my calories every day and stay under my max calories.

It's just what you do to get what you want.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Instead of motivation, I make one healthy change at a time, and take time to get used to each change. Good habits are easier to maintain than motivation.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    How do you keep motivated? Please let me know

I don't. My motivation fluctuates. But I keep logging and keep training. Commitment, dedication and habit. Not motivation. If I relied on motivation to do anything, I'd be in my pajamas all the time and never make it to work in the morning.
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Life has become so instantaneous for most of us these days. We have become so spoiled. When we "want" something we can't afford....just grab the credit card. Hungry? The drive thru is just down the road. Microwaves...computers...you name it! It's there for us fast and easy.
    Weight loss journeys aren't easy, quick, or something someone else can do for us. It's hard work day in and day out. You are solely responsible for your success or failures. And I think we gain so much more then healthy bodies!
    Laura