Exercise for toning?

Options
I've used this application before and then deleted it for whatever reason and now I'm back~! My goal is to tone and maybe lose some weight but I'm more for toning. Not wanting to build much muscle as I'm petite and my muscles already show without even trying because I'm tiny. Plus it personally doesn't look feminine to me. I'm starting this up again and hoping to find exercise that are fit for...being fit haha but still feminine in a way where there is not so much muscle. I also need to track the food that I've been overeating with due to anxiety so I need to fix that along the way as well.

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    ob64bpcmcoi5.jpg
    WUT.jpg 67.3K
  • HankD50
    HankD50 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as toning. You are either building muscle or you are not. If you have access to weights you should use them mixed in with 20 min of cardio a day and a sensible diet.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You may want to try yoga and pilates if you are afraid that strength training is going to bulk you up too much (which is really hard to do unless you are lifting everyday and taking supplements to help you muscle up).
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I've used this application before and then deleted it for whatever reason and now I'm back~! My goal is to tone and maybe lose some weight but I'm more for toning. Not wanting to build much muscle as I'm petite and my muscles already show without even trying because I'm tiny. Plus it personally doesn't look feminine to me. I'm starting this up again and hoping to find exercise that are fit for...being fit haha but still feminine in a way where there is not so much muscle. I also need to track the food that I've been overeating with due to anxiety so I need to fix that along the way as well.

I don't know where to start. :|

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

If you identify as female that makes you feminine. All people have muscle. We can still be "feminine" and have muscle, they are not mutually exclusive. "Tone" is simply lowering body fat to reveal muscle. To "tone" you need to lower your body fat and build some muscle.