just re-found the motivation I lost!

Options
Momma24
Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
In 2009 I lost 44 pounds!! Yay me!!! I was so motivated. In 2010 my son started showing signs of autism. Or I should say that I could not deny the signs any longer. I spent a lot of 2010 trying to figure out how to help my child. He started kindergarten and whoaaaa the signs were screaming at me. I finally took him to be diagnosed in Dec. 2010. Finally, some answers but I woke up and realized I gained back 24 of those 44. I know that is not an excuse but I just could not even focus on me. Finally this year in April my son is in a class that is more suitable for him and life is getting better. I keep trying to get back on the wagon and fall off. My eldest child graduated from high school on Friday and I am so proud. She has done fantastic and been excepted into college. We took pictures together and I am hardly smiling. I made her promise not to put the picture on her facebook because of how fat I am . Really?!?!?!? I know I look like a jerk. I am so ashamed of the pictures of me. I don't ever want to do this to my kids again. I am posting this today to remind myself that I am worth the effort. That my precious children are worth having me present in their lives. Any how this is me making a commitment to myself and the mfp community. I am NEVER going to be this big again!!! I start today!

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You can do it!! MFP is so wonderful. I know you'll enjoy it!
  • LG30
    LG30 Posts: 72
    Options
    That is the spirit, and I am right behind you on never wanting to be fat again! :D
  • JFoster26
    JFoster26 Posts: 13
    Options
    That was inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • emciriaco
    emciriaco Posts: 41
    Options
    Good for you!!! We do everything for our kids; we need to remember we have to do stuff for ourselves, too. =) Enjoy the ride. It's a rollercoaster, but it's so worth it!
  • Laquia
    Laquia Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations on re-finding your motivation! It takes a lot of strength to go through what you've been through! And you didn't gain back all of the 44 pounds you lost! Good luck on your new journey!
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You can do this!!:flowerforyou:
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Kids are a great motivator. I know my daughter is for me. Good for you! I'm right behind you.

We can do this!
  • Momma24
    Momma24 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I knew that I would get the support from this community...:flowerforyou:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    You know I'm here for you! So glad you found your motivation again, weight-loss sister!