Started Crossfit on Saturday...

Options
and honestly don't know why I hadn't started sooner. I got more of a workout in an hour of CF than I normally would at the gym. I am loving it so far. Anyone else on here do it?

Replies

• musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    I do it as well. Absolutely love it. It really is all about finding a good gym with good coaches. I have heard bad stories out there but most people find it to be a huge success.
  • vinaprice
    vinaprice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I also do Crossfit as well. I like it. It's very intense and your right I feel like I get more of a workout at Crossfit than at a gym.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It is fun to be with a group, everyone pushing each other to go a bit harder than they otherwise might.
    Did you watch the Crossfit Games on ESPN this weekend? Man, those competitors get built doing Crossfit! They look like cartoon superhero characters!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    did not see it on ESPN but followed it on SNAP chat. was very surprised to see that there was a huge turn out.

IDK if they even really sell tickets, but almost all of the lower sections were filled. thought that was cool.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    and honestly don't know why I hadn't started sooner. I got more of a workout in an hour of CF than I normally would at the gym. I am loving it so far. Anyone else on here do it?

For me, there has never been anything like it. It turned my whole thought process around on weight training and getting older. I will do it for as long as I can!
  • HazmatMomma
    HazmatMomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the Meet N Greet meeting on Saturday to see what its all about, but I'm pretty much in it to win it already, so I think Crossfit will be the workout I need to get going properly.
  • bc119
    bc119 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both do Crossfit and love it! We're not super hardcore but have been going for almost 1.5 years. I did it throughout my entire pregnancy (modified and less intense obviously), had a great childbirth and have lost all the baby weight and then some (baby is now almost 8 months). What keeps me going is the variety and community. I don't have to think "what should I do at the gym today?" - it's decided for you. Plus it's super motivating when other people finish their workout before you and cheer you on :-)
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do Crossfit. Hardest thing I've ever done is Sweatshop, which is like CrossFit HIIT. Did it today and my arms feel wooden! Can't wait to go back tomorrow! :p
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    tufel wrote: »
    It is fun to be with a group, everyone pushing each other to go a bit harder than they otherwise might.
    Did you watch the Crossfit Games on ESPN this weekend? Man, those competitors get built doing Crossfit! They look like cartoon superhero characters!

I didn't watch them, but I follow all the top competitors on Instagram - very inspiring!
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love love love CrossFit. I agree that it makes me work 100 times harder than if I was by myself. I also like having a community of helpful and encouraging people to surround myself with.
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Yep and love it. The style suits my personality, but I love the community even more. It's great heading to the box knowing that I'm going to be surrounded by people who want me to get better.