I need to lose 5 lbs! I can't! I'm frustrated

Options
I'm 5'5 weigh 129lbs. My first goal is to get to 125lbs then to probably 120lbs. I get frustrated I can't even lose 2 lbs. I exercise 30 min everyday and I try teat 1200 calories each day. don't even drink soda or eat flour or candy. Any suggestions please!! By the way I'm 30yrs old.

Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    At 1200 calories per day with 30 minutes exercise you should be losing weight. Are you weighing your food? How long have you been restricting calories?

You are in a healthy weight range so it is much more difficult to lose weight. You don't have as many calories to play around with in a deficit.

I'm 5'5" , 134 lbs and would love to be 125 lbs but it seems like a pipe dream (28 years old).
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Consistency, accuracy and patience:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/113609/relatively-light-people-trying-to-get-leaner/p1

Also just want to add it's just a number.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    No one "needs" to lose 5 lbs. If you want to, track your calories more accurately and be patient.
  • Mamifitx4
    Mamifitx4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was going to write "I want"
  • AuroraGeorge8393
    AuroraGeorge8393 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    onyxgirl17 wrote: »
    At 1200 calories per day with 30 minutes exercise you should be losing weight. Are you weighing your food?

I know people get tired of hearing it, but this was the best advice I received while lurking on MFP. A few (or a few hundred) underestimated calories here and there can really add up. Especially, given how small the OP's deficit must be.
  • mfoleyny1986
    mfoleyny1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Simple question - Do you have the time and ability to spend more time on exercise per day?
  • Mamifitx4
    Options
    I do have more time to exercise but with 1200 calories I really don't have the energy
  • hrtchoco
    hrtchoco Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do have more time to exercise but with 1200 calories I really don't have the energy
    Umm...hard for me to to believe you are eating too much when you have no energy. Are you hitting your macros (eat a good balance of carb, protein, and fat)?
  • Mamifitx4
    Options
    I "save" calories So I can eat at night when I get cravings. I think that's my problem. Instead of eating healthier foods I eat those calories in junk food
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    I "save" calories So I can eat at night when I get cravings. I think that's my problem. Instead of eating healthier foods I eat those calories in junk food

I think you're realizing your own problems here. If you have no energy, it's likely you're not getting enough sleep and not fueling your body properly. 1200 calories is do-able, but you have to make sure you're giving your body things it can work with to get you through the day and provide energy and nutrition.

If you'd like more advice, open your diary. It's hard to give decent advice without that.