Yet another Polar FT7 Q: error codes?

Options
I have an FT-7 and like everyone else who posts, I love it, but.. Thanks to the posts already here I think I've got the chest strap behaving most of the time by laundering it regularly and keeping it taut.

Yesterday the watch component started displaying the number 2 in a circle at the lower right corner of the display along with the time, when it's not in "workout" mode. I've tried searching here and elsewhere (and reading the manual) and can't find out what this means. I've had it a little over 2 months- weak battery is a possibility but who knows?

Any idea what this means? Thanks.

Replies

• ladylacuna
    ladylacuna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've got exactely the same error - I've also not been able to find an answer. Did you get any replies or ideas as to what the '2' means?
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    This is an indicator for the 2nd time zone function. Hit the lower right button to toggle back and forth.

See page 12 of the manual:

http://www.polar.fi/e_manuals/FT7/Polar_FT7_user_manual_English/Polar_FT7_user_manual_EN.pdf
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It is not an error code. It is about your time setting. If you go into settings and put it back in time zone 1, the 2 in the circle will be gone. The time zone 2 is if you travel to different time zones and need it be in sync with that time.
  • pinkakira1
    pinkakira1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    How do you guys like the Polar FT7? I was thinking of asking for this for xmas...
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Here I am Googling and Googling and I should have just done an MFP search!!!
  • ladystolt
    ladystolt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this answer, I've had my Polar FT7 since 2007 and I had never seen this before!