Can I not pull a weight history further back?

Options
I'm getting started again because I have been an idiot at my eating and workouts. Is there a way to pull weights from more then a year ago? I am wanting information from 2 years ago.

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You need to use the Web version to view previous entries via the Edit Previous Entries function. This will step you through it.
    From the MFP Help pages...
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/10592-how-do-i-change-my-starting-weight-or-edit-incorrect-weight-entries-
  • Amcgorry
    Options
    I logged in today for the first time in 43 months and it says I lost 11 lbs! My info was stored in app.
  • wendy645
    wendy645 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    You need to use the Web version to view previous entries via the Edit Previous Entries function. This will step you through it.
    myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/10592-how-do-i-change-my-starting-weight-or-edit-incorrect-weight-entries-

That doesn't address the question at hand
    Not entering a weight from 2 years ago... VIEWING it. I have the same question.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    wendy645 wrote: »
    CyberTone wrote: »

That doesn't address the question at hand
    Not entering a weight from 2 years ago... VIEWING it. I have the same question.

yes it does answer the question. It will list all the previous entries (so that if you wanted to you could edit them) but it lets you view them.
  • thatmattwade
    thatmattwade Posts: 1 Member
    Options

yes it does answer the question. It will list all the previous entries (so that if you wanted to you could edit them) but it lets you view them.

No, Wendy's right. It doesn't answer the question. I can go through a very clunky list of weights ten at a time, but I want to see the normal line graph that I'm used to go back further than one year. That's what is being asked about/requested here.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I have only been able to see the graphs from one year a go.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Try going into "check-in" and choosing the edit function. As an experiment, since I started here only in Nov. 2015, I went back and duplicated my Nov. 2015 starting weight all the way back at 1-1-2015. You'll get a screen, perhaps several pages long, that lists every weight you entered on every day, and mine now starts with 1-1-2015 and continues with my first "real" entries in Nov. 2015, though I had to go back to page 3 to find it. That's a little more than a year, so you get detailed information further back that the maximum "one year" graph that the program is willing to generate for you.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    PS, if that didn't make sense, message me and I'll walk you through it in more detail!
  • yealock1
    yealock1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In my app, I went to Progress>clicked my "3 month" icon> selected "All", then it shows me the line graph as well as the dates I entered my weights. I started this app in 2011, and it shows me the first weight I entered. Hope this helps.
  • crjindra
    crjindra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That does not really address the issue which is at some point Fitness Pal decided to only allow graph and export of weight either back 180 days or last year. Before this limitation was made you could graph all the data and in any chunks of time you wanted. I had to do this for my doctor an determining a weight issue I was having. Now fitness pal does not allow graphing historical data last year. I have 259 weight screens. Asking clients to cut and paste from 259 screens when it ran a report, is really a slap in the face and completely unnecessary. Fitness Pal basically took away a feature like most the other features and wants you to pay a ridiculously high subscription. (i.e scanning barcodes). So back to the matter at hand. Why can clients get historical graph data past last year?
  • LivingstonNJ
    LivingstonNJ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you it should be easier to see graph of "all time" in "Charts and Reports." As a workaround, try going to "Export Data," and for "Reporting Period" select "All time (since account creation)". That will give you more than you need but I think you'll be able to select one of the data files in the resulting zip file and then you can add in a graph using excel.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,487 Member
    Options
    It's an old thread, but I can view all weight measurements since 2014 or so in the app and website. In the app I chose PROGRESS and then set the time to ALL. If you then log a new weight there'll be a connecting line between the last measurement and the previous one from the past.
  • LindsayGii
    LindsayGii Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can see ‘all time’. My graph goes back to five years ago. Look for the menu next to the graph itself. Works in web and app.