Can't stick to anything. How to overcome this?

Options
124»

Replies

• KHS86
    KHS86 Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think these messages have given me some motivation. I stayed at 1500 calories yesterday and have pre planned today's food.
    I'm going to come and check these boards each day to motivate me.

Also taken measurements.

I have a wedding on Friday and have already prebooked my food. So rather than worry about that I am going to enjoy that meal and not have any alcohol.

Someone asked about breastfeeding, I stopped a month ago. Still producing some milk but not fed my girl in a month. Which could be a problem as I was very hungry while breastfeeding, then once she reduced her feeds my hunger didn't disappear.

Anyway I feel super motivated today, if anyone wants to add me on here for support etc then you are welcome.

That's it man, pre-log your food every day, then save the meals that you use regularly, so pre-logging becomes easy, and then stick to your plan as if your life depended on it! That way you will never worry about things like "What can i eat?", "How many calories is this?", "Will I have enough calories left for dinner?" etc.

Always think about your goal and WHY you are doing this, your 'why' is what should drive you, if you have a 'why' and you want to reach this goal badly enough, then you WILL succeed... You become unstoppable.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    KHS86 wrote: »
    I think these messages have given me some motivation. I stayed at 1500 calories yesterday and have pre planned today's food.
    I'm going to come and check these boards each day to motivate me.

Also taken measurements.

I have a wedding on Friday and have already prebooked my food. So rather than worry about that I am going to enjoy that meal and not have any alcohol.

Someone asked about breastfeeding, I stopped a month ago. Still producing some milk but not fed my girl in a month. Which could be a problem as I was very hungry while breastfeeding, then once she reduced her feeds my hunger didn't disappear.

Anyway I feel super motivated today, if anyone wants to add me on here for support etc then you are welcome.

That's it man, pre-log your food every day, then save the meals that you use regularly, so pre-logging becomes easy, and then stick to your plan as if your life depended on it! That way you will never worry about things like "What can i eat?", "How many calories is this?", "Will I have enough calories left for dinner?" etc.

Always think about your goal and WHY you are doing this, your 'why' is what should drive you, if you have a 'why' and you want to reach this goal badly enough, then you WILL succeed... You become unstoppable.

This is all so true!

Once I decided to lose the weight, I did become unstoppable! I literally lived and breathed my diet and weight loss until the weight was gone.

• sevans85mfp
    sevans85mfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Being a mum changes everything. I have always eaten A LOT. But my routine was always 'work' then 'gym' then weekend day trips were I was constantly on my feet.

Now I am a mum, self employed which takes up my evenings when she is in bed, I fit exercise in either at the weekend when my husband is home or in the week if my mum has her. So I need to stop eating 'A LOT' as I don't have that level of activity anymore.

She does keep me busy, it's 8am in UK and I've already done 3thousand steps.
  • KHS86
    KHS86 Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Being a mum changes everything. I have always eaten A LOT. But my routine was always 'work' then 'gym' then weekend day trips were I was constantly on my feet.

Now I am a mum, self employed which takes up my evenings when she is in bed, I fit exercise in either at the weekend when my husband is home or in the week if my mum has her. So I need to stop eating 'A LOT' as I don't have that level of activity anymore.

She does keep me busy, it's 8am in UK and I've already done 3thousand steps.

We all have white rabbits, a white rabbit is the excuses we use to take the easy road... By saying to yourself that "Everything changes when you become a mum", you already opened a door for failure, now you have an excuse to not achieve the goal.

The only thing that stands between you and your goal is... How badly do you want it? If you want it bad enough you'll find a way, if you don't want it bad enough you'll find an excuse.

Go rabbit hunting, and stop with the silly excuses... There are other mums out there who have achieved great things, and if they could, then it's possible for you too.