Workout Recommendations

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a workout I can do at home, I currently go running but I think I would like a workout with strength training. Squats, sit-ups etc but not something too easy.

I don't have hours to give so would need to be 1 hour or less. I also would prefer to download on my iPad. The husband tends to hog the TV when my daughter goes to bed and we have a huge spare room that's perfect for a workout.

I've done Jillian Michaels in the past 'Ripped in 30' and I loved the routine but I'm looking some something/someone different. I like the idea of a 30day program.

Recommendations?

Replies

• lewissheldon125
    lewissheldon125 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this website on your ipad http://www.woddrive.com/

It generates a different workout for you and there are multiple different categories to choose from, I would imagine the bodyweight would be a good one for you based on what you are saying as you can do them all at home with no equipment required and they incorporate squats most of the time, if they dont have squats you just re run the generator until you find a routine that does, presuming you need to do squats every time!

The amount of time you take is completely down to you and how quickly you can complete the sets / the rest you need in between
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Do you have any weights at home?

If you don't own weights, look into bodyweight exercise.
    You are your own gym and convict conditioning both come recommended.
    You can also start with the free online beginners bodyweight routine on nerdfitness.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    12 minute athlete - there's a website and an app that will generate work outs for you. Body weight or minimal equipment but they're intense because there's no rest and you give 100%! And quick - you can fit one in while baby's napping.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's not a 30 day programme but download Fitness Buddy, it has workout plans loaded on as well as the ability to track your exercises by date/weight. It has workouts for those with equipment, just kettle bells, just body weight and female orientated plans too
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    Check out alexajeanfitness on Instagram or her blog. She's a new mom and does home workouts all the time. She's pretty creative and shows you new ways to use items in your house to do strength training if you don't happen to have weights or fancy equipment. She also does 30 day challenges.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i use fitnessblender.com. used hasfit.com in the past.
    lots of fitness channels on you tube.
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+ Training Club, it's an app on my iphone. They have loads of different workouts and levels from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. It will definitely get you in shape. It's great also because it keeps track of all the workouts you do.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has alot of different workouts you can try.
  • amtru2015
    amtru2015 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+ Training Club, it's an app on my iphone. They have loads of different workouts and levels from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. It will definitely get you in shape. It's great also because it keeps track of all the workouts you do.

^^^^THIS!!! I love it and the equipment you need is pretty basic--a set of dumbells and a medicine ball---I used a gallon of water before I had a medicine ball lol
  • sevans85mfp
    sevans85mfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Have lots to check out. I did 'Body Revolution' workout 1 today. Got me bk in the swing of things.

Going to check out all the suggestions

Thanks