hopelessly lazy

Options
I'm very nervous to be committed to this. Have dieted and everything and never succeed. I have gotten heavy and lazy. I need an extra push to get me off the couch. Anything will help.

Replies

• kaiwooglin
    kaiwooglin Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You will need to change your whole mind set. It's not a fad nor a quick fix. It's a lifestyle overhaul. It takes hard work and dedication. Most importantly you need to invest in yourself and never give up. You may stumble along your journey but you get back up and carry on!
  • lilbitoftrouble
    lilbitoftrouble Posts: 2,052 Member
    Options
    kaiwooglin wrote: »
    You will need to change your whole mind set. It's not a fad nor a quick fix. It's a lifestyle overhaul. It takes hard work and dedication. Most importantly you need to invest in yourself and never give up. You may stumble along your journey but you get back up and carry on!
    Well said my friend. This is just what you need to do. I have been down your road before and it will only lead you away from where you want to be. Trust me you can do this as long as you work at and don't give up; I am now 70lbs down and still going strong. You got this my friend.

• 0JavaK0
    0JavaK0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    kaiwooglin wrote: »

I 100% agree. You need to make that choice to want to make the change. The thing is we all have the will to do it, we just need to find the purpose of it first.

I do it for my daughter, after all "practice what you preach" is important. I can't tell her to be healthy and active if I'm not

You need to find a reason that suits you

"If you don't like starting over, stop giving up"
  • Jonny15121983
    Jonny15121983 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm very nervous to be committed to this. Have dieted and everything and never succeed. I have gotten heavy and lazy. I need an extra push to get me off the couch. Anything will help.

Hey :) I know the laziness well myself and the others are right that at some point you have to find that motivation inside, however you can really help yourself on that front. The best way I would suggest to approach it is to find something that you actually enjoy doing, for me it was rollerblading, that way it is so much easier to get motivated!

Once you are up and active doing something you love then you quickly get that positive feedback loop from your body which motivates you to do more. It is so much easier once the rewards for your work are tangible i.e. feeling muscles you forgot you had or having to put an extra hole in on your belt,

I don't suppose you are a gamer? There are a lot of fun games that tie in with the Xbox Kinect that are super active and loads of fun to play too!

Definitely start counting the calories and entering your food intake on here too. Once you see exactly what you eat and what you need to eat to meet those weight loss targets then you can far more easily see exactly what level of activity you need to be doing to guarantee that weight coming off.

I'll send you a friend request too, it really is helpful having people on here to keep you motivated :)