Is it possible/safe to lose 15 lbs in 3 weeks?

Options
13»

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    robspot wrote: »
    College should be a fun time

Wut?

Pretty sure college is for studying, not partying.

That cant be true. My uni had two pubs on site.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Wut?

The pub at mine was voted best live music venue in the city. And they gave out free beer in class during orientation week.
  • Therealobi1
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    Totally possible! Just cut off your arm. Bingo 15lbs gone in like 5 min!

What a stupid thing to say to a college student

So it would be OK to say to a grown adult out of college and embarking on a career?
    Just checking.

it would be best to just shut up if you cant be helpful
  • Therealobi1
    Options

Wut?

The pub at mine was voted best live music venue in the city. And they gave out free beer in class during orientation week.

lol, lots of my friends would have been jealous of that.
  • JudithNYC
    JudithNYC Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Now, the girl wants to lose 15 in 3 weeks (which at her weight is kind of impossible barring the amputation of a limb) but she also is planning on having several cheat days at the same time. Talk about dissonance. Let's get real here, please!!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    It is possible but not very healthy, I lost probably 5 lbs a week but I just was not eating due to stress and exercising a little excissivly, I dropped the weight so quick it scared my wife and doctor. Also when I was in boot camp I probably lost that much that quick, but I was overweight and in boot camp if your eyes are open your moving, with a 40lb ruck sack on your back lost about 75 lbs in 8 weeks.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    It is possible albeit not healthy at all for your body. I wouldn't recommend doing that. It is better that the weight come off at a slower, steadier pace, than in such a fast manner.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    OP, I have your stats. It took me 4 months to lose 15 lbs of scale weight and obviously once I started maintaining, I gained the weight water all back so basically 15 lbs lost turns into 10-12lbs actual loss that I maintain now.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    most people gain weight when starting college. its likely if you start now you will just gain back anything that you lost. maybe you want to go to college get settled in and then start to be focused on a weight loss goal.